Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
TheHighwayman
Registered Member

Default The Harley Creed

The Harley creed is all about a tough breed.

Men who will drop anything to saddle up and thunder off to distant locales to back up one of the brethren. Men who will endure a gritty and arduous journey through mountain passes, badlands canyons and storms and fire to reach a faraway destination where few dare to tread and fewer still survive. Men who cast in iron, chrome and leather the real meaning of genuine masculinity in this pivotal era in history so gentler generations of the future might understand what it was really all about.

Men who take a stand, draw a line in the sand and speak only to those who understand.

Men who have the patriotism and integrity to denounce the travesty of Asian atrocity cycles on American soil.

These are Harley-Davidson men. Singularly and together they define and defend the core truths of authentic American motorcycling. Reaching deep into the heritage and traditions of America they remain fiercely loyal to those everlasting values that made this country great. TheyÂ’re stout and hearty men who carry out their mission and task with steely nerves, masterful roadcraft and fearless confrontation. Rough and tumble men who have the brawny courage to muscle massive bikes, distant places and the dreams of all Americans into their own image.

YouÂ’re not called upon to be of the rarefied caliber to join these men. But youÂ’re either behind them, or youÂ’re in their way.

Better hope youÂ’re not in their way.

They call me . . . [i]The Highwayman[i]

TheHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2002, 04:46 PM   #2
basel1120
Founding Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

Yawn...
basel1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 04:46 PM   #3
grubz916
Founding Member

What the ?%$@#* ????????????????
Old 09-09-2002, 04:50 PM   #4
red-silver
Founding Member

So....H/M ~ Whata'ya ride?
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 04:57 PM   #5
tbirdsport
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

Is it me or does the front of this bike look like a speed triple?
tbirdsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 04:58 PM   #6
RonXX
Founding Member

It is you.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:02 PM   #7
RonXX
Founding Member

Okay guys, you've redeemed yourselves somewhat with this story.

In other news: my 97 CBR1100XX was stolen September 1st, and I unfortunately did not have comprehensive coverage on it. I was reading the stuff you guys had on the BMW R1150R, and it looks like a mechanical masterpiece. Is it possible to get them at a reduced price though? It seems that a Honda 919 with $2000 worth of upgrades would be a superior machine. I have about 6 months until I have the money for another bike, so there is plenty of time to make my decision.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:07 PM   #8
red-silver
Founding Member

Default Brand Loyalty -

Every manufacturer loves cosumers who identify with their brand. Buyers love to be validated by like minded people who confirm their , "oh so intelligent choice".

But I gotta say, in motorcyling (in my experiance) there are three groups that give new meaning to the word myopic ~ BMW riders, Ducati riders, and Harley riders!

Not that I don't like some of the offerings here, it's just that - jeez, get a grip! It's a big world with a lotta nice bikes!

I was in a 'Guzzi dealership recently, and some guy went apoplectic when I told him Ohlin suspension was owned outright by Yamaha! Believe me I'm a patriot, but the brakes on your Harley are made by Nissin in Nagano, Japan!
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:09 PM   #9
Captain_1
Founding Member

...a speed triple with a monster tail
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
Blake_1
Founding Member

Outstanding scoop MO! I want one in black with a Nallin Racing (http://www.nalinracing.com) 1050cc stge 2 kit and 100+ RWHP. Ain't a bike on the road that will touch it through the fun stuff.

As to teh bike looking like a speed dribble, naw, the speed drible has big ole frog eye lights. The XB9S has lights half the diameter. They look mean, not goofy.

The tail section could use some creative work though. Too plain, and reminds me of the Blast tail section.