Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #81
unthanke
Registered Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

Great stuff. Ever think of writing copy?
unthanke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2002, 11:57 AM   #82
red-silver
Registered Member

Default Re: 900ss

Maybe you can clear this up for me, or some other Ducati fan. I've spent some time on both the 750 & 900ss, but none on the ST2. Ducati claims on their site & in their literature that the ST2 is a liquid cooled, 2 valve. Still I have seen many people refer to it as an air cooled 2 valve. What's the story?

I in fact, am looking for a little more comfort. I really like the chassis and suspension on the Ducs vs. most of the other sport touring bikes out there. If the ST2 is liquid cooled, I would seriously consider it!
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 12:03 PM   #83
itchface
Founding Member

"Men who take a stand, draw a line in the sand and speak only to those who understand."

Since it's apparent that virtually no one here understands the BS you've secreted here, would you be so kind as to "thunder off to distant locales" in the future when you feel the urge to deposit this excrement?

"Men who have the patriotism and integrity to denounce the travesty of Asian atrocity cycles on American soil."

Perhaps a more accurate interpretation: "Men whose overt racism and xenophobia clearly demonstrate their pathetic 'worthless, bumbling idiot' status."

"These are Harley-Davidson men. Singularly and together they define and defend the core truths of authentic American motorcycling."

I envision Harley owners all over the planet embarrassed as hell at this crap, hoping that people don't get the impression that this retard represents the mindset of all H-D fans.

"YouÂ’re not called upon to be of the rarefied caliber to join these men."

Good. Saves me the trouble of burning my draft card. What exactly is "rarefied" anyway?

"...youÂ’re either behind them, or youÂ’re in their way."

As Gabe alluded to, this statement is quite the irony considering how packs of H-D's usually amount to no more than a rolling road block.

"Better hope youÂ’re not in their way."

A veiled threat? Since yuppies have seemingly taken over the "brethren," are you suggesting that if I cross you "tough breed of men" I might just get sued? I tremble in fear at the notion.

itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 12:07 PM   #84
itchface
Founding Member

The ST2 is liquid-cooled, but only when you're riding in the rain. I hope this clears things up for you.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 01:37 PM   #85
red-silver
Registered Member

Yeah well..... rain is something we have plenty of here, or at least cool & damp. Portland, Oregon.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:48 PM   #86
red-silver
Registered Member

FYI - The ST2 is liquid cooled. Do your homework now!
Old 09-11-2002, 03:28 PM   #87
buzzy250
Founding Member

Yep- With my bike I'm generally behind him ... and everybody else .
buzzy250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 03:41 PM   #88
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Brand Loyalty -

Very good points; however, as a current Ducati owner and former (and possibly soon again) BMW rider, I do not wish to be lumped with the lunatic fringe who are more interested in the image that their particular choice of ride imparts than they are in actually riding the f***ing thing!

Most Ducati, BMW and Harley riders I know own one or more Japanese bikes as well and appreciate a wide range of bikes. On the other hand, there certainly are a significant number who fit your description, sad to say.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 03:45 PM   #89
opie
Founding Member

You'd better not stand in their way... unless you're a foreign company that makes parts they want for their bikes, or clothes they want for their catalogs. Then.... let's talk.

I'm not Harley bashing. In fact, I had a fabulous ride on a friend's 2001 Deuce just this afternoon. My last Harley, a 1990 Ultra Tour Glide had 63,000 miles on it when I sold it.

I'm a former USMC Combat Engineer Gulf War Vet who bleeds red, white & blue. But I got the message loud and clear (loudly and clearly for you grammar police) when I examined a beautiful leather jacket in a Harley dealership. It was black, with a gorgeous Flag on the back made from red, white, & blue leather. The label inside the collar read "Made in Indonesia". I passed on the jacket (I know, I know,... what's wrong with Indonesia, ...don't I love the flag no matter who crafts it?, blah, blah, blaaaaaah,...... save it! That's not my point.) and left the dealership with a new respect for capitalism & jingoism.

BTW, my ears are still ringing from this afternoon's ride. Think how many lives I must have saved!!

opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 03:54 PM   #90
Charlie
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

Itchi, I have a 1996 Ducati M900 that has been a very reliable bike (two valve per cyl air oil cooled motor same as the 900SS). It has lots of character. It rides two up okay (for day rides). And with a handle bar mounted windshield and soft bags tours just fine. You can pick up a low milage 95 or 96 for about $5000 if you shop around. Don't get a 97 or newer they have smaller valves.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote