Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-10-2002, 05:08 AM   #31
Tim_White
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

If I lived within an hour or two of Deal's Gap or some such place this bike would almost definitely be in my garage. Alas, I do not live near Deal's Gap and the swervery that is near me is not extreme enough to warrant spending $10K on a bike with a very limited performance scope. I applaud Buel and Harley for making it though, and I reaaly dig the flattracker styling. I wish I had use for one.
Tim_White is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2002, 05:44 AM   #32
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I haven't had an opportunity to ride this bike yet but when I test rode a Firebolt a few months ago I remember thinking how much sense it would make to recast it as a streetfighter. The Firebolt, IMHO, is a wonderful bike that needs just a little more motor to be a completely satisfying sportbike to run with the big dogs. But as a streetfighter it's right there. I think the Buell probably has a winner here in terms of the right item for the milieu, but will it sell?

Martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:52 AM   #33
ARTBIZTOMMY
Founding Member

my first thought too--------i happen to like the speed triple and so it's not a bad look for me
ARTBIZTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:03 AM   #34
ARTBIZTOMMY
Founding Member

i like the thing....what i like even more is the direction the industry seems to be going with these 'firebreathers with decent ergos' concept. this bike and the new ktm look promising....lump all this together with the zrex and fz1 and bandit, stir in a little supermotard regare for light weight and we're cookin' up a tasty ragout....yum!!! pity honda missed so horribly with the 919.
ARTBIZTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:42 AM   #35
unthanke
Registered Member

I've been thinking about one of these since I got my new Cycle World. I live a couple of miles from one of the great bike roads in So. Cal. (Sand Canyon). This thing would really energize my morning commute. I wonder if they have any plans for hard bags. I've had 4 BMW's and it would be hard to live without some luggage.
unthanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:44 AM   #36
shash_what
Founding Member

Default 2003 R1 and R6

I know, unrelated, but i couldn't resist.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCata.../FirstPics.htm

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCata.../FirstPics.htm

Luv the black with fire down under paintscheme of the R1. Wot say?
shash_what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:45 AM   #37
runner00
Founding Member

In the world of air cooled motorcycles are there any others that compare. I don't think so.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:29 AM   #38
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Most dealerships in my local no longer offer test rides, due to insurance cost. Most ppl will not allow you to test ride their bikes. So you pretty much have to rely on Moto online's reviews to make your decision. I've been contemplating buying a used ST1100 but am very concerned I may be bored riding this sedate bike. How would you know unless you test ride it? Sucks huh?
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:36 AM   #39
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell To Build Line Of Personal Watercraft

LOL, good story! I like Buel's personally, but would never own one. They have a terrible track record, up to this point. I looked a X9 recently and really like it's looks.

And yes, I am a pansy also, I would not be able to cope with the riding position for long.

Gorgeous bike though.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:44 AM   #40
Eric
Founding Member

Most Buell dealers offer test rides. I have found this to be especially true in smaller markets. I have also had luck test riding Ducs, Triumphs and Aprilias, but never have found a dealer of the big four Japanese brands that would let me test ride. Never tried to test a BMW.

I am personally interested in testing the XB9S, though I would much prefer something more along the lines of the old S3T -- maybe Buell will have something like it next year. I greatly enjoyed my ride on an XB9R; the main thing that kept me away were the ergos. They were fun for a little bit, but I don't know if I could take them on one of those really long days in the saddle.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote