Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2002, 10:08 PM   #21
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

Oh well, I least I got the word "****head" in there. I feel better now. Please pardon the previous ***** outburst.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2002, 12:36 AM   #22
Jexter
Founding Member

Whoa, what happened? I unfortunately was too slow to catch it. I bet it was funny.
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:11 AM   #23
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Buell To Build Line Of Personal Watercraft

Mukawago, WI (AP) Officials at Buell Motorcycles, Harley-Davidson's sportbike division, announced that the subsidiary was developing a line of personal watercraft to be available next summer if some of their developmental problems could be corrected.

Harley Davidson's stock prices dipped 2 1/2 points shortly after the news was annnounced, as shares in the accidental drowning insurance industry surged an average of 4 5/16 a share.

"Our watercraft will be a blend of modern and traditional. Our 'holy trilogy' of personal watercraft design: light weight, loud noise, and heavy, antiquated engine will revolutionize the personal watercraft industy" said Chester Nimitz III, VP for personal watercraft development at Buell.

Industry experts are skeptical, as Buell has a poor record with product recalls. Last year's line of ultra lightweight aircraft was an embarrasment for the fledgling division, as FAA investigations and several unexplained mid-air collisions eventually halted sales of the composite-bodied, coal-fired engined craft.

When asked about the nature of the "development problems", Nimitz grew vague, muttering about "OSHA and that dammn tester's union." He refused to comment further.

Independent investigation by the Federal Consumer Products Safety Commision revealed missing documents concerning identities and whereabouts of over 60 personal watercraft test riders. When asked about the missing men and women, Nimitz quickly replied that Buell always sent testers on extended Carribiann vactions after they completed a rigorous test program. "That way, they're relaxed for the next round of tests."

Investigation by this reporter failed to find any test riders who had actually ridden a Buell personal watercraft, although several names were mentioned.

"Well, I think Horace Hunley went to work for Buell," said David Bushnell, a Wisconson personal watercraft enthusiast and tester. But I haven't heard from him for months."

Local authorities confirmed Mr. Hunley's dissapearance, and said they were searching local lakes.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:15 AM   #24
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Well they are stout...

But they're usually in MY way.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:35 AM   #25
twister299
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell To Build Line Of Personal Watercraft

What the Eff are you talking about???? If you don't like Buells just say so...

twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:44 AM   #26
cartman2000
Founding Member

Don't forget the KTM LC8 based Duke is coming.
cartman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:03 AM   #27
LocutusDeBorg
Founding Member

As an S1 owner maybe I can help out here:

1) No - though the XB9 is probably better the use of the passenger seat of a Buell is against the Geneva Convention

2)Reving the ***** out of the engine is counter productive in most circumstances. Again, the XB9 is a slightly different story but with 80 ftlbs handy I rarely need to rev hard to go fast.

3)Don't be a pansy.

4)When does Bad-Ass go out of style?

5)I hope so.

LocutusDeBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:12 AM   #28
LocutusDeBorg
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell To Build Line Of Personal Watercraft

LOL, that's rich. ...yer killin me....quit yer day job.
LocutusDeBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:27 AM   #29
Marotte
Founding Member

Default It has Buell style, does it have Buell quality ???

Buell definitely knows how to make really sexy bikes...

Too bad the quality is so, well, "impressive", in its way.

I look at the XB9S, and I want one. Then I remember the X1 I get rid off 3 month ago. I do not want another piece of junk that leaks oil every 500 miles...

Still, the day I'll stop motorbiking, I'll buy one.
Marotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:50 AM   #30
rocketorM3
Founding Member

Default Price point is all wrong

I don't think anyone other than Harley affectionados would view the pricing as rational. Think of how many new bikes ...better.... that can be bought for that kind of green. It's like when a coworker had the hots had a honda prelude was damned to have a 750 aircooled nighthawk that is ancient in design for an outrageous MSRP, finally .. finally wised up and bought a used r850r for ohh less than 6K.
rocketorM3 is offline   Reply With Quote