Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2002, 04:21 PM   #11
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

Naw, the XB9S lights are about half the diameter as the goofy lookin' frog eyes on the speed dribble. XB9S lights look lean and mean, not goofy.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2002, 04:23 PM   #12
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default bad link above, correct one here.

Sorry, the link above should be http://www.nallinracing.com/ .
Old 09-09-2002, 04:31 PM   #13
Captain_1
Founding Member

The machines you are comparing have totally different characteristics. The BMW Boxer motor with shaft drive is no hooligan bike, but will effortlessly get you down the road. I think you already know what a 919 is. The best bike for you can only be determined by multiple test rides - despite what you read (including my opinion). I rode a new V-Rod (Stage 1) over the weekend and found it somewhat boring. I never saw that verb used in a review. But to put this in context, I was comparing it to my Confederate Hellcat. Good luck.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 04:35 PM   #14
CHIP900SS
Founding Member

every one should have motorcycle with a muffler designed by KENWORTH !
CHIP900SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:30 PM   #15
FX1200
Registered Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

Hey Highway man,

While you are sitting in your West Hollywood residence composing meaningless babbling interpetations of your fantasies, do remember that your 40% Japanese content Harley was designed to appeal to the "just put gas in it" crowd.

I have been riding HD's since 1966 and the "Harley Creed" was certainly not a part of Harley culture; the men and women who rode did it for the pleasure of riding and the comaraderie that riding offered.

I see a lot of weirdo's like yourself who are more interested in image than reality.

When you go gayley down Santa Monica Blvd to join the leather boys looking at their reflections in storefront windows as they ride their RUB Glides and dream, yes dream of the Harley Creed.
FX1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 06:21 PM   #16
Duken4evr
Founding Member

For street riding the more upright position wins every time.

Personally I am lusting for an Aprilia Tuono. As I do not have access to that kind of fundage, perhaps I need to strip my TL1000S of it's plastic, drill 4 holes in it's triple clamp, steal the bar pedestals off my dirt bike and mount a tubular bar
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:55 PM   #17
saaz
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the Blackbird. I dread the day I have to actually replace my GS1000 (197 rather than just get an extra bike...bikes these days are so good and varied that it would be hard to decide. If you got one by randome selection it would probably be great!!
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 08:20 PM   #18
DucButt
Founding Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

What's myopic is berating and labeling fellow motorcyclists. I have as much fun on my '81 GS650G as I do on my '98 Duc - Maybe I am myopic, but the Ducati riders I know are no different from most sport bike riders. Perhaps a bit more mature, but...
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:00 PM   #19
itchface
Founding Member

OK, I can see myself possibly buying one of these things. But first I need to settle some issues in my head, including:

1. Can I take a passenger on it on a trip beyond the end of my driveway without them wishing me dead?

2. Will the Sportster-based motor survive having the ***** revved out of it for a reasonable number of miles?

3. Will the upright seating position make extended freeway rides intolerable?

4. Will the refreshingly avant-garde styling still look comely to me after a couple year's worth of exposure?

5. Will it sell so well for a while that the chance of a getting a decent deal on one will have to wait a year or two?

Other than these trivial concerns, I'm pretty much sold. Of course I can get UN-sold on this bike pretty damned quick if Suzuki brings out an SV1000 that's only just a tad heavier than the 650, and has decent suspension.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:06 PM   #20
itchface
Founding Member

Hey! How come the word ***** got censored? What's so damned offensive about the word *****? It really pisses me off that I can't ***** write the word *****! Do we have to be pathetically censored down to lowest possible tolerance level? If people are offended by the word *****, then they can go ***** themselves, the ***** ****heads! Damn, I'm pissed off!!!
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote