Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-12-2002, 02:08 AM   #101
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Re: It has Buell style, does it have Buell quality ???

It certainly won't ake 3-4 years for the new Buells to prove themselves. The quality performance evaluation stats are from a report provided by an independent quality analysis firm. Probably someone like JD Power and Associates. You are right though, another year will tell the story in full.

Ride Magazine had an XB9R lock up in 5th gear? That's news to me. What were the circumstances surrounding that event? Similar to all the toasted UJM clutches at the drag strip I'm always reading about?

Sounds like they may have foregone the 500 mile maintenance where it is important to retension the primary drive chain, a simple 10 minute exercise.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2002, 02:18 AM   #102
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

The name, you moron, is "Erik" with a "k".
Old 09-12-2002, 07:20 AM   #103
ECCORE
Founding Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

Aren't you that guy that blows that stupid horn at the Minnesota Viking home games?
ECCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 07:23 AM   #104
12er
Founding Member

Lucky for me one of my neighbors rides to work on his harley. If forget to set the alarm Im covered as at 6:20 am every morning he rides by raising holy hell. In typical harley fashion he has to blip the throttle 2 or 3 times while he is at the stop sign. So much for snooze...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:14 AM   #105
sqidbait
Founding Member

Default Re: It has Buell style, does it have Buell quality ???

> It certainly won't ake 3-4 years for the new Buells to prove themselves

Maybe not for you, but for me they will.

> quality analysis firm. Probably someone like JD Power and Associates.

No reference for the study? I remain very skeptical then. Isn't JD Power the marketing company that publishes those inane "Initial quality" surveys, where those polled self-select, and it's only for the first 90 days of ownership? That's hardly useful, except for companies desperate for marketing materials.

>Sounds like they may have foregone the 500 mile maintenance where it is important to retension the primary drive chain, a simple 10 minute exercise.

Doubtful. RiDE is pretty much the most thoughtful, thorough bike magazine that I've read.

Perhaps RiDE made a mistake. And then again, maybe Buell hasn't made any real inprovement in quality.

I guess we'll see in a couple of years...

-- Michael

sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:37 AM   #106
Huss
Founding Member

Yeah, get it right, it's Eryk!

Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:28 PM   #107
sarnali
Founding Member

sorry blace, I don't ceep up with beull's, so I didn't cnow eric spelled his name with a "K" instead of a "C"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:38 PM   #108
sarnali
Founding Member

So thoughtfull, saving lives AND keeping his neighbors from oversleeping, all in one fell swoop, maybe if you showed him how to adjust his idle speed , he wouldn't have to blip the throttle so much, but then maybe not. Besides it'll be below 60 before long , and he'll park it for the winter.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 04:39 PM   #109
itchface
Founding Member

Default The new SV1000!!!!!

www.moto-station.com

the new SV1000 is ***** gorgeous!!!

pardon me while i go cry tears of joy
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 05:13 PM   #110
Benji_2
Founding Member

I like the look of the Lightning much better than the Firebolt. I always thought the front fairing looked a little aftermarket. The dirttracker look of the Lightning is very appealing especially after seeing dirttrackers at bike shows and me thinking, "Man that would make a cool streetbike with the right setup." I love the minimal rearend of the bike, reminds of the first time I saw an S1. The problem with the bike, the main problem anyway, and the reason I would never buy one is that crap engine. So much technology surrounding the engine but the engine itself, crap. If only Erik could source a TL motor and drop the price by 2 or 3 grand.....

Also, I saw a picture in Motorcyclist (sorry JB) of one of the new Triumphs, I believe it is the new Sprint. The bike looks so much better than the old one and it kind of has that minimal feel of the Lighting. Oh and by the by, I test rode a Buell Cyclone a couple of years ago and though I was impressed with the torque (probably because my ride at the time was a 750 Nighhawk) I thought it could have used more top end rush. Since I'm kind of rambling anyway, I was riding my SV650 up in the Georgia mountains (hills really) going up 129 to 180 to 60 and I saw a guy on a Buell. The thing sounded great to my surprise and I caught up with him at a gas station. It looked like he was working on it when I got there so I asked him what was wrong with it and he said, "It's not Japanese."

Benji_2 is offline   Reply With Quote