Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-11-2002, 04:55 PM   #91
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: 900ss

The ST2 IS liquid cooled, but otherwise virtually identical motor to the SS (I know, it has 944 cc instead of 900, but if you go with the popular 944 overbore on a 900, it uses the same pistons). Most internal engine parts are interchangable.

The valve adjustment issue IS a drawback for a daily rider, but I have found that mine rarely needs adjustment (only the first check after break-in) and I have over 50,000 mi, much of this on the track. I have more recently started skipping the suggested valve check intervals cause I got tired of giving the dealer $500 to tell me it didn't need adjusting! I have a good friend who will show me how to check em myself -- apparently not that difficult to do if you know how.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2002, 05:45 PM   #92
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell Lightning XB9S Reader Feedback

I have heard that there are plans for a sport-tourer. They will likely call it the Thunderbolt. It will be interesting when it arrives.

DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 07:31 PM   #93
dwr461
Founding Member

JB,

Real men know that the Higwayman (if he's serious) makes Kpaul look normal. Real men get shot in Las Vegas because of wrong gang colors. Real men.............ssh!.................I think I heard a straight pipe out front. (Real men go deaf and don't need baffles.) I must go!

Just kidding, all you HD riders,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:12 PM   #94
mavin_lee
Founding Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

Harley's aren't that bad, the company does it's best to move forward. It's their own customers that hold them back. What really hurts Harley to me is the ****ty image that the riders try to portray. -1/3 Ciriminals,... the other 1/3 hoping you'll confuse them for a criminal (I'm scared) ("Hey, if I look tough enough with my brand new tattoo, someone might confuse me for John Wayne Gacy.") and 1/3 100% Yuppie with a $75,000 Jessie James Custom,...who rides it once a month. Anyway you look at it, Harley Riders always create a bad vibe when they try to mix. Ever been to a big bike show (New models etc...all types of bikes) these guys walk around in cheap leather and try to ruin everyones good time (Make fun of other bikes, pick fights etc...Strength in Numbers, just like SSkin Heads. And if they were all so rough and tough, they would be in jail. How can so many outlaws just be walking around in public. "Did I see your picture up at the post office". NO - your probably a lawyer. Just buy what you like, shut up and ride. We all can't be hannibal lectors'.
mavin_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:21 PM   #95
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

Default Re: The Harley Creed

...or, ever think of copy writing?
Jimi_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:30 PM   #96
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

...and your girl friend (or you) will NEVER burn her leg on the muffler of a Buell.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:45 PM   #97
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

Actually, this hooligan bike wasn't designed to carry two up, just like its S1 daddy, of which I own one. I even cut the rear passenger peg mounts off mine to prevent anyone from even trying to ride it two up. Of course, I own an S2 Buell and a Honda VTR 1000 that will allow me to carry my wife (or girlfriend) on extended tours. I think it is OK for a bike not to be suitable for carrying a passenger...especially a hooligan bike. It is not right to subject a passenger to the dangers of hooligan riding anyway.

Can't afford more than one bike...take the car.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:51 PM   #98
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: 900ss

Oh *****! Kinda' negates the humor, don't it?
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 09:03 PM   #99
itchface
Founding Member

Charlie, I absolutely LOVE Ducati Monsters. I just can't stand the notion of paying anywhere from $300 to $900 (depending on where you live and whether the timing belt needs replacing) every time you need a tune-up, which is scheduled only 6k miles apart. Everytime I'd think about taking off for a long ride, I'd probably change my mind for fear of arriving at another dreaded service interval again that much sooner. If Ducati would either do away with desmodronics on the M900, or figure out a way to extend the service intervals by a factor of 3 or so, there's no question that I would become a proud owner of an M900 i.e. (not too crazy about the S4). Thanks for the suggestion, though.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 09:53 PM   #100
Bondfinger
Registered Member

The Buell XB9S is a stunningly beautiful bike, and I applaud Erick Buell's independence. However, I will not buy an XB9S until Buell proves over time that the XB9S is absolutely reliable.
Bondfinger is offline   Reply With Quote