Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #1
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: BMW R1200CL Reader Feedback

Well everybody else did it, I suppose BMW couldn't be far behind (grafting hard bags onto a cruiser); but jeez, it looks kinda hideous, no? Maybe it'll just take some time to get used to...

PS first post.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2002, 05:37 PM   #2
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Ugly bike. 'Nuff said.

I don't think I have ever said this about any bike, but man, this think is fookin' hideous. I mean, Caspian Blue? What's the other color, Battleship Gray? Even the paint looks like crap.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:49 PM   #3
Pierre_TerBlanche
Founding Member

Y'all were just funnin' us, right? That's a Photoshop revision with just a few extra lights put into that fairing, right? 'Cuz otherwise that thing's got a face like a tarantula...
Pierre_TerBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:58 PM   #4
v2-90
Founding Member

That thing looks like the designer sort of had in mind a Valkyrie Interstate - then dropped too many hits of some bad blotter acid...

"this is your BMW"

"this is your BMW on drugs..."

"any questions?"

I'm sure the bike performs well and it's fit and finish are top notch - but that thing is F-U-G-L-Y!
v2-90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:12 PM   #5
nekberg
Founding Member

4.5 gallon tank - not much of a touring-cruiser. Perhaps they meant to design just enough bike to cruise the BNW Dealership and tour to the next gas station.
nekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #6
DucButt
Founding Member

With a face that only a Tarantula mom could love...

What's up with Barney Fife holding on to the ape hangers on the bottom left picture? (Do they make a 3/4 scale version for Burnsie?)
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 07:47 PM   #7
domromer
Founding Member

I think it will be a good bike when they sort some problems out on it, cchanged fairing, get rid of those middle lights, and give it some power, why can't we have a touring cruiser that actually handles well? I am sick of us making excuses for poor handling of touring cruisers! Moytorcycles should not have vauge front ends..escpecially when hauling around so much weight!
domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 08:18 PM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

Well, looks like another "interesting" design from BMW, I'm not quite sure about the fairing, I guess whoever designed it must have expanded the retro cruiser look to include cheesey 50's sci-fi flicks, maybe it looks better with 3D glasses and a gallon or two of Becks....... To be fair it's probably as good as any other retro-look cruiser/bagger for plonking around on......uhm...whatever.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 09:26 PM   #9
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Psychedellic Drug Ring Uncovered In Spandau Factory

Berlin-(Reuters) German investegators broke up one of the largest-ever psychedellic drug rings in modern German history today in a well-known motorcycle company's design department. 27 arrests were made, including American David "Rob" Robb and over 12 tons of drugs, manufacturing equipment and paraphenallia were seized as well.

"Ja, zis is a very large arrest. It iss ze biggest zince ve uncovered the massive supply of ergot-schpiked sauercraut in Munchen in 1968", said Werner Von Werner-Holscheig, inspektor-kommandant of the BDRGHTRDSKSVKKSK, or Drug Investigation Agency. "It iss a big bust, ja?"

Suspicions were first aroused in 1994, with the introduction of a motorcycle termed the "R1100GS", which was styled as a light-weight off-road motorcycle even though it weighed the same as a Skylab packed full of Shriners. It was followed a year later by the "R1100R", a "standard"-styled bike that had bizzare plastic castings attached to it that appeared to have been stolen from the Hasbro development labs.

Interpool inspector Sir Charles Spitburger, an expert in corporate drug use, was called in by German authorities. When asked what aroused his suspicions, he replied: "It was apparent that psychedellics were somehow involved, as it seemed unlikely that an enourmous corporation with research and development resources the size of Imelda Marco's shoe budget would spend so much effort on frivolities like dome-shaped passenger seats, or somehow come up with a frameless motorcycle that somehow 100 pounds more than a similar motorcycle with a frame. These things are simply not the product of a rational mind."

Mr. Robb looked particularly dissheveled as he was being led away by stout, truncheon-wielding BDRGHTRDSKSVKKSK agents. Dressed in baggy shorts, a pink "Carefree" teeshirt and flip-flops, Mr. Robb chanted mantras in Tibetan. "Namyoko Rhengeko, man, that's all I've got to say. As the ABS cycles, so our customers will reach total oneness with the universe and, like, um, hey, have you ever listened to how a flat-twin engine sounds? No, I mean, really listened?"

Mr. Robb's attorneys have made several motions for the court to provide fruit juice to their client, but have been repeatedly denied by the court, at least untill his pupils dilate, as required by EU law.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 11:32 PM   #10
xlr8r
Founding Member

Why all the gasps of disbelief about the way it looks? It's a tourer built for the US market, so therefore it looks like an Electra Glide built by a Bauhaus architect. How else could it look?
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote