Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-04-2002, 10:57 AM   #41
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default personally ....

i wouldn't hit my dog in the butt with that thing.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2002, 11:40 AM   #42
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Psychedellic Drug Ring Uncovered In Spandau Factory

Gabe, I hereby award you the prestigious "Itchface Award for the Funniest Post of the Year." Congratulations!

*handing over the trophy*
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:43 AM   #43
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Default Re: Ugly bike but Excellent Review - BMW should hire Americans to style cruisers.

David Robb, the chief designer for BMW Motorcycles, is American.
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:54 AM   #44
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW Design

I'm kinda' with you on the the big GS. It's so pulchritudinously-challenged that it's become quite comely to my dulled-from-all-the-sameness eyes. The R1100S, however, requires no such paradox in my declaration of its loveliness.

Whether you like the styling of current BMW motorcycles or not, they should at least be given credit for giving the proverbial envelope a hearty shove.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:57 AM   #45
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW R1200CL Reader Feedback

boy, being a BMW product designer sure seems to be a tank-less job.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Ugly bike but Excellent Review - BMW should hire Americans to style cruisers.

must be a durn commie to come up with this, or some ****in' hippy
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:08 PM   #47
Kuba
Founding Member

Default Beauty is in the eye of and so forth

For those who like it, what's the issue? Better than a cage at least.

For me, it's pig ugly and no way I'd even want to test it. But I think the same of the Goldwing, HDs, not to mention such hideous (IMO) creations as Honda's F6C GL1500C.

I have an R1150R and will be adding a K1200RS soon, both of which I think are superb bikes, and good looking as well. The CL doesn't attract me but it doesn't put me off Beemers in the least.

Ride cool, ride safe
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:11 PM   #48
JohnH_1
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW R1200CL Reader Feedback

Well I like it ... so there!

I have a 1996 ElectraGlide Standard, which I love. Sure there are much faster and groovier bikes out there, but my old 'Glide still cuts it for me.

At the same time, I have always admired BMW bikes (owned a few) and I rather liked the technical aspects of the Cruiser, but did not want an open bike.

So ... what I'd really like is a modernised version of my trusty old FLHT, but with ABS brakes. Looks like BMW just built me one.

Thanks Herr Bimmer.
JohnH_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:15 PM   #49
bigjames
Premium Member

Default BMW loves ugly bikes!

Well, not really. But they do make some interesting ones! This one, I just don't know. When I saw the spy pics, I too thought someone went mushroom hunting in the cow pastures of Germany! Upon looking at it even more closely, it kinda resembles an R100RT (that's right, not an R1100RT or R1150RT but an R100RT) that was put through a black hole and time warped into the R1200CL!

Personally, I am not cancelling the order for my 2003 Electra Glide Classic to buy one of these. I mean, why would I want a touring bike with a lower power to weight ratio than the Harley. You can only do SOOO much with a tranny! Saying that, not selling the K1200LT either. Arguably the best high speed tourer out there, great ergos and I actually own about half of it now!

However, sure would appreciate those floor boards on my big (fast, sleek, georgous, etc) Beemer....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:33 PM   #50
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW loves ugly bikes!

actually, on a trip to Tijuana several years ago, I learned all kinds of things you can do with a tranny, as long as you get drunk enough.

(insert smiley, winking face here)