Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   BMW R1200CL Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1372-bmw-r1200cl-reader-feedback.html)

sshorkey 09-08-2002 04:53 AM

Re: BMW R1200CL Reader Feedback

The CL is a stretch and needs a bigger tank but there is no bike that is absolutely perfect... but I like many on this board like BMW.. the bikes and the cars, including the 7 series..

Who is it marketed to? Maybe someone who wants their bike to last more than a few years and with minimal maintenance all while be ultra comfortable in any weather.

I like most bikes for something different and appreciate it when a company tries to accomodate different tastes while not succumming to bashing opinions.

fellswoop13 09-08-2002 12:24 PM

Oh My God...Behave!!

All of you! Go to your rooms! No dinner!

More intelligent discussion than this can be had on a school bus.

dwr461 09-08-2002 02:25 PM

Ditto.

Take care,

Dave

99R6 09-08-2002 05:12 PM

WOULD YOU PLEASE TEST A 4 CYLINDER SPORT BIKE..... THIS SITE IS BECOMING ONE SIDED... SCOOTERS AND MOPEDS AND HUFFYS AND A BUNCH OF JUNK HARLEYS ALONG WITH THEIR OLD, OVERWEIGHT RIDERS

torkmonster 09-09-2002 05:18 AM

Maybe it has something like a .9 gallon reserve that wasn't listed? Just thinking

out loud.

Huss 09-09-2002 07:27 AM

Same performance as a scooter

Refering to your #2. Rrrrrrright..the Honda Silverwing scooter can cruise at 80 and touch over 100 every now and then too....Wow.

Primus 09-09-2002 08:29 AM

A perfect bike, then?

OK, Beemer haters. I'll get it, you don't like R1200CL (although you haven't seen, touched, or driven one?). Many of you wrote as if the shabby scooter in your garage was faster, nimbler, comfier, prettier. Please tell me: what is the perfect touring bike ? For starters I appreciate the following features: you can drive 600 mile days two up, 2 week luggage on, and feel fresh afterwards, fast on highways, agile and dynamic on twisties, easy to park and drive slowly, high clearance and low seating height, elegant, etc. Waiting for shopping instructions (my current bike BMW K 1200 RS).

Yours

Primus

mxgb5 09-09-2002 08:56 AM

Actually, I used to own a BMW also (1 '96 R1100R). It had good power (when it started), was comfortable (when it wasn't stalling in the middle of the road), handled well for a bike its size and had great removeable hard luggage.

Frankly, it was not only the worst motorcycle I've ever owned from a reliability standpoint (and I've owned eight different bikes including Harleys, Hondas, Kawasakis and Yamahas) but the dealer service and particularly the attitude from BMW North America was unbelievably poor.

The factory covers their eyes and ears if a customer actually needs technical assistance. They refuse to admit when they have problems and then take forever to fix it. They have been making fuel injected twins for nine years now, I believe, and they still haven't been able to dial it in without the bikes surging at low speeds.

12er 09-09-2002 09:49 AM

With 60% of americans classified as obese, probably 20% more overweight you may now come to understand why sportbikes are not as big of a draw in this country. Take a deep breath (and your Ridlin), unlock the Caps Lock key and relax. Intermot is only a week and a half away, at which time you will only read sport bike this, sport bike that for pretty much the rest of the year and most of the next.

12er 09-09-2002 09:52 AM