Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-29-2002, 05:35 AM   #121
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Shadow 750 vs 883R Reader Feedback

Wrong again. Does this count as being angry by presenting me the "facts"? The XR750 IS NOT in a different class. The 1000 cc bikes are allowed to compete as of this year. They have been in development for 3 years in the Supertracker series. None have done so that I have seen, due to their being of superior design, higher horsepower and 1 to 2 seconds SLOWER around the track than a poorly designed low horsepower XR750. Now that I proved once again you are wrong, the question is when will you admit it?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2002, 05:56 AM   #122
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Uh-Oh!.....

Using your apparent logic, it would be an "asinine musing" for me to point out that McDonald's cheeseburger purchasers are exercising poor judgment.

Do I understand you correctly?

Yes you understood him, and it is an "asinine musing". Funny thing about you is you never say what you ride, where you live, what you eat, or anything tangible about your own life. You, so far, only post to tell others how stupid THEY are, how dumb THIER choices are and what brainless sheep THEY are. Tell me what you own, where you live, how you ride and I can start in on YOUR idiotic choices any time you like. I bet face to face you are a pimple face dork that doesn't ride or say shyt to anybody, but has plenty to say about everybody and everything on here. What a loser.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:11 AM   #123
danch
Founding Member

speaking of asinine...
danch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 06:51 AM   #124
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Thanks for the knowledge Slowbear and others

Excellent post I learned a lot from it. I am just starting to learn about dirt track racing. I guess watching the Hayden boys kind of turned me on to the sport.

thanks again this is type of stuff I like to read and the urls were great.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:52 AM   #125
runner00
Founding Member

That's it. You got it.

That my bike is better than your bike is the product of a self rightously indignant mind.

Just like asama bin lambrain you know who.

runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 08:39 AM   #126
robb_millett
Registered Member

I'd rather see my sister in a *****house, than my brother eat Pad Thai!
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 08:45 AM   #127
itchface
Founding Member

Hi Longride!

I've missed you so! I often reminisce about our previous post exchanges wherein you pretended to be a complete imbecile. Oh, how you made me laugh and laugh! At least I'm pretty sure you were pretending. No one could be as retarded as you seemed, right?

Anyhoo, I hope to hear from you again soon. We can play that old game we used to enjoy so much where you said real stupid things and I made fun of you.

Well, I've got to get going now. I need to get busy popping some zits, writing an email to Webster's informing them that they've misspelled "THIER," think some more about what kind of bike I should buy to learn to ride, and start planning my next verbal assault on some poor, unsuspecting fellow subscriber. Hotdamn!, it's fun being a loser!
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 09:20 AM   #128
itchface
Founding Member

Here the problem, Charles. Harley's sales success is influencing other manufacturers in a negative fashion. And this is to the detriment of the entire motorcycling community, I do believe.

Case in point: When Honda designed the Shadow 1100 ACE engine a few years ago, they used the old Shadow 1100 engine as a starting point (a wise choice as this was a smooth, relatively powerful, proven engine). Imagine the horror the engineers must have felt when they were directed to use a single-pin crank to emulate the Harley feel and sound, since that's clearly what American motorcyclists want ("...just look at them sales figures, Ishii!").

They were basically being told to take a perfectly sound motor and "devolve" it in such a way that it would become slower, vibrate more, and run hotter. We have Harley's sales success to thank for this (OK, and maybe Honda's lack of backbone, though, to their credit, they did return that motor to its former glory after a couple of years).

If you need more examples of how people's obsession with Harleys negatively influence the design of other bikes, let me know. I've got dozens of 'em.

I have merely assumed the task of helping people to realize that they might be better off not choosing their next bike based on what their friends ride, what's currently fashionable, or on their mistaken belief that Harley's MUST be better or why would so many people buy them?

Maybe, when Harley and their clones start selling in smaller quantities, the manufacturers can get back to the task of developing useful technology that will make bikes safer, perform better, more comfortable, etc.

Instead, they spend valuable resources on figuring out how they can redesign the frame so they can drop the seat height another half inch to get just the right 'look,' or other such absurdities.

You wondered why "the mere mention of Harley brings out HD bashers in droves?" Have I helped to enlighten you a little bit as to the reason (the answer I'm sure to get is pretty predictable... *sigh*)?
Old 08-29-2002, 09:39 AM   #129
itchface
Founding Member

Alas, my appeal for you to mentally substitute "engineer" for "design(er)" was in vain.

Do you honestly believe that, in general, cruisers DON'T have "lessened control response compared with sportbikes and sporting standards?" And that this "perception" represents the crux of the cruiser/functionality debate?

I'm guessing here that you're a reasonably intelligent fellow, based on what I've observed from some previous posts of yours. So I'll assume that you wrote your last post while you were partially, or mostly, asleep and not completely in charge of your faculties.

If I'm mistaken, let me know and I'll get busy writing a post detailing ALL the reasons cruisers are functionally inferior.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:44 AM   #130
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Yikes!

ouch?