Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-25-2002, 06:54 PM   #141
Tangram
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Naked Bike Shootout Reader Feedback

Enjoyed the track piece but I am anticipating: "the Street Competition, to come when we get around to it."

Some writers have asked that it include info about after market exaust systems, jetting....

I am interested in how tractable the bikes are out of the box. Ease of maintenance, the tossability around town, acceleration at highway speeds and words on comfort - is a 400 mile day like going to survival school and forgetting to bring you pocket knife.
Tangram is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2002, 06:18 PM   #142
ZR-7
Founding Member

Honda needs to bring the Highthawk up to the Kawasaki ZR-7 level. I gave up on my Nighthawk after about 3,000 miles or so.

Philip

'02 Bandit 1200S

'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 03:49 PM   #143
crankin500
Founding Member

Default Re: leftover cbr900 parts to use up

They had to do something with them. I was hoping they would put the 900cc engine into a dirt bike chassis.
crankin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:14 PM   #144
crankin500
Founding Member

Default Re: Where's the dirt?

Is there any dirt in southern california? Or did it all get paved over. They still make dirt bikes, MO!
Old 08-27-2002, 04:35 PM   #145
crankin500
Founding Member

Default Re: Define MOTOCROSSER, they don't know what you mean

I absolutely agree. I'm hoping this is only part one of the test and that MO is actually going to review these bikes, maybe even write some useful information; 0-60 times, actual weight, fuel economy, fun factor etc.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:10 PM   #146
micro
Founding Member

Has anyone seen the pictures of the new kawasaki z1000 muscle bike. Take a look at www. moto-station.com I think it will set new standards for standard style motorcycles in performance. But the styling is something I am not sure about.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:49 AM   #147
obiwanrazzy
Founding Member

Default Trouble getting bikes?

Sounds like you guys are having trouble getting bikes in general...

That would account for the lack of content, followed by a rash of scooter and lite cruiser reviews lately. There's nothing wrong with these, mind you. It just seems to me that if you could, you would be reviewing bigger/sportier/higher profile bikes.

You were even scooped on the Buell XB9S (which better make it into next year's naked comparo) by none other than your arch nemesis/former employer... Yikes, that's gotta burn.
obiwanrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:36 AM   #148
cota
Registered Member

It obviously too unique for the US market. Kawasaki would never bring it here until they can make it more milk toast. I like the looks.
cota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 04:17 AM   #149
anrajala
Founding Member

Default This was the worst comparo ever

So who won? Is it that Honda won with highest finishes, or lost due to lowest points?

To clarify out I checked "Stickes" points, assumed that meant "Jim the Fishstick". Well he mentioned "I would go with the Triumph or Kawasaki". Then the dupe gives 1 to Kawa and 5 to Triumph.

Who is this Tate guy, what are his points? Hackfu has points but no comments. JohnnyB blah blah blahs the bikes through, not much to go to explain his rankings. What a bloody mess, you can do better.

-euro-cuiser
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:00 PM   #150
Ricardo_1
Founding Member

Default Re: This was the worst comparo ever

Yes, a ****ty comparo. What happened to the Bikini shoot out? Real road riding, pose, sex appeal. Come on guys do these bikes right.
Ricardo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote