Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-26-2002, 08:26 AM   #251
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: John Burns: an exercise in contradiction

Burns, you are an ass. Laws exist because this country is going to hell in a hand basket. You want cell phones banned. How about crotch rockets going 180 mph or even being able to. I'm sure that pisses alot of folks off. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that should be outlawed or banned is lawmakers. I see you have a cig in your mouth in that photo. What if they ban your ability to fire one up because of all the known dangers of doing so. That would ***** you off wouldn't it. I say if you want to tar up your lungs then go right ahead. If you do it in a closed room that I'm in I should be able to jam it down your throat without it being a crime to do so. It's only fair, assault my lungs and have your face assaulted.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2002, 09:31 AM   #252
gbmlaw
Founding Member

Default Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback

Who cares? Or, in the alternative, why don't we stop wasting time and money on this idiotic "freedom" issue and spend some of it on doing things that would actually improve the lot of riders. Like legalizing lane splitting outside of California.

I just got back from a 1200 mile trip. All of the states that I travelled have helmet laws. And there they were. Manly cruiser riders in their half helmets; muscle shirts and deck shoes motivating along at 70 mph. With a beautiful youn woman on the back resplendent in her tube top, bikini bottom and sandals. With a Snell approved helmet, of course.

And the squidly Zip 'n; Splats? Same outfits. Full face helmets.

I have seen the ABATE lobbyist here in PA. He is very well dressed and is not missing many meals. He talks a really mean fight about this fundamental freedom issue. But I'm still standing still in traffic sweating my ass off when I could be slowly, carefully making progress forward.

This anti-helmet law lobby has become a larger than cottage industry. And the problem, Johnny B., is that we are missing the financial boat. Time for you to fire up the old Print Shop software and do up some really clever anti-helmet stickers to sell at the next poker run. Or at Sturgis!

Fame and fortune await!

gbm

there hasn\'t been a kill file in place for more than a month, actually,
since i realized that you don\'t get to me anymore. [shrug]
Erin Darling (February 25, 2002)

Brian is an interesting character and an excellent resource
for a variet
gbmlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 03:30 PM   #253
zaldente
Founding Member

Someone with a little intelligence. Good Job
zaldente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 03:34 PM   #254
zaldente
Founding Member

Campaign finance "unconstitutional". What a bunch of crap. The constituion guarantees free speech. Campaign finance is out and out bribery by major corporations.
zaldente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 07:52 PM   #255
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"Like I said 9 second 180 mph bikes are killers and we can all figure that out."

Wrong, wrong , wrong. I can get myself dead just as easily on a 55 mph scooter as on a Hayabusa or R1. The insurance rates have everything to do with the rider and nothing to do with the bike. It's just that younger people like myself are too stupid to fear death.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:25 PM   #256
vmarsch
Founding Member

That's right: my objection to the trade in human flesh is because I'm "jealous." If I were a reasonable person, I'd just accept the utopian view that the "free market" should decide who lives and who dies.

BTW: when I was in college, I was a libertarian. Then I grew up. But I'm willing to accept your judgement that my views were forced upon me by angry little college professors if you're willing to admit that yours were forced down your throat by cynical, obese AM radio talk show hosts.

vmarsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:40 AM   #257
kawazuki
Founding Member

Well, all right then, I guess someone already wrote my comment. Then, like the Declaration of Independance, a well written document which only needed to be written once and signed many, sign my name to what Mr. Froman said above. It's not about the helmets. It's about the government getting too big for its britches.

-Ochressandro Rettinger
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:12 PM   #258
Matt_Pressley
Founding Member

I am someone who will ALWAYS wear a helmet. El_Flaco is right when he calls helmets a "No Brainer." BUT, the issue is that the government should not be telling me I MUST wear a helmet. I'm so sick of the government trying to protect everyone all of the time. If I want to be a moron a bash my skull in, who cares? What ever happened to natural selection? Laws like mandatory seat belts, and manatory helmets should not exsist for grown adults. We're able to make our own decisions, and guess what, that means the government should let us even make stupid ones. How does me not wearing a helmet effect somebody else? It's ME who's now a vegetable! Before you know it it wll be illegal for people to run with scissors in their hands, count your chickens before they've hatched, spit into the wind, and not wear motorcycle helmets....oh wait, that one IS a law.
Matt_Pressley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 07:04 PM   #259
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Ahhh trade in human flesh! Such drama! It's also quite a conspiracy theory. The evil rich people get the states to allow young, wild squids to ride without helmets so they can kill themselves and we can harvest their organs.

Sounds like a Stanley Kubrick movie brewing here. Can I have two tickets to the premiere?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:17 PM   #260
camfarm
Founding Member

Default Vmarsch Is Also Off Base

'...obviously good public policy."

How dare you? Are you one who believes that your thoughts and desires equate to what's best for all citizens?

Individuality and libertarian thinking are the heart and soul of what's good about this country.

Mindless adherence to poorly conceived social leveling and an inability to countenance non-majority views indicates someone who is already gone.

Risk is distrobuted in this society only because weak, soul-less, victims and their patrons in the 'feel good' segment demanded it from a weak central government.

I'd rather have risk distributed solely on the basis of who takes it. THe costs society absorbs through medical care and related expenses is voluntary on the part of society.

Too much rant.

Vmarsch, I hope I seldom meet people like you.
camfarm is offline   Reply With Quote