Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-21-2002, 06:01 AM   #211
danch
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmets should be ILLEGAL!

apparently the naughty filter doesn't bother checking for white space on either end of words like cum
danch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2002, 06:06 AM   #212
danch
Founding Member

Default Re: OK, so where does this argument really lead?

Actually the thing to do would be to track the original cost of production vs. the maintenence cost. When the two are equal, you send it to be salvaged. No how to separate production cost from maintenance, expecially for humans under the age of 18 or so? Prenatal care would factor in I suppose... but not food, that's just a running cost (like gas).

So how are your hospital bills?
Old 08-21-2002, 06:08 AM   #213
danch
Founding Member

Default Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback

Hmm, coherence.

One thing that particularly bothers me lately, though, is the curbs on freedom in the name of 'Enduring Freedom' A little bit orwellian, methinks.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:10 AM   #214
danch
Founding Member

How about only entitled to what you've already payed in to social security?
Old 08-21-2002, 06:22 AM   #215
danch
Founding Member

Default Re: O.K, I'll Bite...

<blockquote>O.K. first of all, if we really want to help out the world and our pocketbooks we would not worry about paying for a couple of dough-heads who wrecked their bikes and weren't wearing a bucket--they are a very small minority of patients in hospitals today. </blockquote>

But you're suggesting we concentrate on things that actually matter! That's gotta be unamerican, or something. Nope, the american way is endless debate on things that consume minor percentages of the federal budget (but make for good soundbites) to divert us all from actually discussing important issues.

What kind of patients are the biggest money suckers? The smokers and drinkers. </blockquote>

Well for the record, if I wind up with cirosys (Sir Os'es?), I don't want a new liver. I'm not going to do the David Crosby thing and blow 2 livers because of being a dumb ***** in my youth. I don't want to spend time in a hostpital, because other people (with non-fatal illnesses that aren't a consequence of their own actions) need the space more. I'll just keep riding my bike while I can, then give Kevorkian a call.

Old 08-21-2002, 06:26 AM   #216
danch
Founding Member

Default Re: O.K, I'll Bite...

<blockquote>I was just saying that motorcyclist are not the main patients in the hospital and they can't use that as an excuse for helmet laws. </blockquote>

Unfortunately, that's shouldn't, not can't. They will twist statistics in any way they can to make the point they want. Hell, much of the public is gullable enough to just accept 'cost' without any statistical basis. Look at this thread: people keep arguing what costs more, but nobody has supplied any numbers. Your observation that few hospital patients are helmetless bikers is at least anecdotal evidence that the cost issue is a red herring, but that's the best I've seen.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:27 AM   #217
danch
Founding Member

I'll wager that a vented jacket in the heat is a lot more comforable than skin grafts.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:30 AM   #218
danch
Founding Member

<blockquote>some people can't stand the thought of being seen on anything but a harley, regardless of the fact that 95% of the bikes on the marketplace are faster and more reliable.</blockquote>

Speed and relyability just isn't high on their list of priorities. Which is what you're saying, I guess.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:33 AM   #219
danch
Founding Member

75 degrees is leather weather in Wisconsin, fer crying out loud 90s and humid, I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix (mesh, with armour)
Old 08-21-2002, 08:32 AM   #220
mike_root
Founding Member

Default Re: Ohio's response to low test scores

Gee, KPaulCook -- you really suck!
mike_root is offline   Reply With Quote