Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-20-2002, 09:35 AM   #171
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback

Turnabout being fair play, should any of us have to support you when you become disabled? Maybe you're not wearing the absolute best spine protector on the way down to the 7-11. Maybe your insurance isn't as good as you think it is. So now that you're a quadrapalegic and your insurance is exhausted, why should I have to foot your social security benefits? Because that's what we all do. We all contribute so that the safety net is there for everyone. So you want someone to lose his benefits because he doesn't wear the same helmet as you? Maybe you should lose your benefits just for riding a motorcycle.

Are your social security contributions hurting you that much right now? Finding it hard to make ends meet with all the crippled helmetless riders eating the food off your plate? If so, then maybe you should sell your motorcycle.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2002, 09:36 AM   #172
v2-90
Founding Member

I was thinking of having sex with a stranger, what are your thoughts on whether or not I should use a condom?

Since you're so opinionated, how about some advice on whether I should use fabric softener or dryer sheets with my laundry? I'm in a quandry here and you seem willing to give out wonderfully targeted advice...

Glad to see you took the MSF course - we're all hoping you passed. Make sure to always wear your cup when riding - got to protect those family jewels so the world can become a safer place due to your offspring.

Do you have your advice available in print? I looked through Amazon.com, but couldn't find you listed in the "Feeble Advice for Dummies" section. Happen to have the ISBN number? It would make a wonderful coffee table book.

Cheers!
v2-90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:37 AM   #173
twister299
Founding Member

The problem is most laws passed for your protection are not up to a referendum vote. They are passed by elected officials based on what pet project is attached to the legislation.

I know what you are going to say next. Vote them out if they don't follow your views.. Easier said and you are still stuck with the laws they passed. It is much easier to get a law on the books then off.
twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:41 AM   #174
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Picking the location of your line

Looks like I misunderstood the whole thread. I actually agree with you, now. Maybe a trip to the eye doctor is in order.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #175
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: This is such a joke.

You make a good point about the afterlife, If how you look when you check-out determines how you look in valhalla, I'd rather be stylin' in my full leathers and nice shoei, than be all ground up and bloody looking
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:46 AM   #176
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: For once I agree with Lord Burns.

rat-on
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #177
twister299
Founding Member

One thing that no one has mentioned is localÂ’ and how that affects riding gear. I would love to be able to wear a leather jacket and pants, Full-face helmet and full gloves but it just is not practical in Central Florida in July and August. So either I park the bike all summer while you guys in Chicago enjoy riding and only ride whilst you freeze. (long live BikeWEEK Daytona) or make a comprise. I personally wear a full-face when riding alone or at night. If I know IÂ’ll spend allot of time on the Interstate Full face again. But when IÂ’m with a large group IÂ’ll opt for the half shell. The logic only being that the Blue hair will probably see four or five big cruisers rolling down the boulevard.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #178
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: Picking the location of your line

No problem. Ride safely and always have fun.
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:49 AM   #179
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Yep flush those things.

If I find myself agreeing with him then something is definitely wrong? More fun when I disagree with him.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:49 AM   #180
twister299
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns buying time for bike shootouts?

I still want to know where the H*** my FJR 1300 is.