Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-20-2002, 09:22 AM   #141
NortonVFR
Founding Member

Default Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback

Another point: Death is cheap. A significant number of the helmetless dead would have survived as vegetables if they were wearing helmets. If the only issue is cost to society, then, sometimes, a helmet costs society $.
NortonVFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #142
Poser
Founding Member

Default Picking the location of your line

You are drawing a line in the sand. You decided where to draw that line. Somebody else would draw it somewhere else. Not granting others the right to choose where to draw that line for themselves is what I have a problem with. So, yeah, I got a problem with that. A big problem!
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:25 AM   #143
KPaulCook
Banned

Default From 95% to 99%

Yea but if you don't wear a full face helmet 99% of the public will see at the bottom of the gene pool. The other 1% ride Harleys! just kidding.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #144
Poser
Founding Member

Default OK, so where does this argument really lead?

I don't know any ER doctors, but I worked in one a long time ago. I saw car accident victims, gunshot wounds, drunks who fell down stairs, etc., but no motorcycle accident victims. So I have no personal experience with that. From what I saw there, the most expensive affliction is old age. Maybe we should just kill people off when they reach 40. Hey, wait, I just...
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:32 AM   #145
sarnali
Founding Member

do you honestly think a bunch of middle age mid-life crisis H.A. wannabees on catalog customs is all that stands between freedom and the repressive jackboot of sociolist oppression? I'm afraid you spend to much time on "biker" web sites, While you and your fellow master-abater bro's are rallying on the steps of the state capitol, the politictions are looking out the window laughing at all the freaks they stirred up, as stated before the whole helmet thing drains funds and diverts attention away from more important issues, It's just a bike you know, I ride for fun, I wear a full-face helmet and leathers because I'm mature enough and intelligent enough to know there are risks involved, I've been riding for 36 out of my 44 years and I know sliding down the road on my ass hurts, asphalt is harder than my head and ****e happens whether you like it or not. be smart, be safe, ride some more tomorrow, it's just a game
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:33 AM   #146
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Walter Williams... is that you? lol

JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:33 AM   #147
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: Picking the location of your line

Apparently, you didn't read my last post. I said I didn't care what a person wore or didn't wear. That means if they want to wear a helmet great, if not great. I choose, that is okay isn't it?, to wear a full face helmet. That isn't drawing a line in the sand, it is exercising my free will to do so. Sorry you have a problem with that but I don't see why.
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:40 AM   #148
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Its my penny I can cry if I want to, cry if I want to.

[*]Tobacco: Tobacco taxes and settlements pay for its abuse.
[*]Alcohol: Taxes partially pay for its abuse

But idiots who don’t wear full face helmets: You pay in the form of higher insurance costs and taxes to support EMS services etc.

The rest of your rant has nothing to do with this argument. It's my .00000000018 of a penny and I can cry if I want to.

Old 08-20-2002, 09:41 AM   #149
shineon2000
Founding Member

You are arguing in circles. 50% of voters don't do so. You can change from a republic to a democracy or get rid of helmet laws (bad idea for all Burn's reasons, plus I wouldn't be writing if I hadn't been wearing a helmet these 32 yrs.) if you get active and vote. If you don't believe that, tell me how someone got the helmet laws passed in the first place. Also be certain to look at the things you don't want other people to do or have before you critisize too much.
shineon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #150
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Ohio's response to low test scores

This was probably Ohio's response to low test scores was to legalize non helmet use. Kill of the low life idiots