Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1349-helmet-thick-skull-reader-feedback.html)

NortonVFR 08-20-2002 08:22 AM

Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback
 
Another point: Death is cheap. A significant number of the helmetless dead would have survived as vegetables if they were wearing helmets. If the only issue is cost to society, then, sometimes, a helmet costs society $.

Poser 08-20-2002 08:23 AM

Picking the location of your line
 
You are drawing a line in the sand. You decided where to draw that line. Somebody else would draw it somewhere else. Not granting others the right to choose where to draw that line for themselves is what I have a problem with. So, yeah, I got a problem with that. A big problem!

KPaulCook 08-20-2002 08:25 AM

From 95% to 99%
 
Yea but if you don't wear a full face helmet 99% of the public will see at the bottom of the gene pool. :) The other 1% ride Harleys! :) just kidding.

Poser 08-20-2002 08:31 AM

OK, so where does this argument really lead?
 
I don't know any ER doctors, but I worked in one a long time ago. I saw car accident victims, gunshot wounds, drunks who fell down stairs, etc., but no motorcycle accident victims. So I have no personal experience with that. From what I saw there, the most expensive affliction is old age. Maybe we should just kill people off when they reach 40. Hey, wait, I just...

sarnali 08-20-2002 08:32 AM

Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback
 
do you honestly think a bunch of middle age mid-life crisis H.A. wannabees on catalog customs is all that stands between freedom and the repressive jackboot of sociolist oppression? I'm afraid you spend to much time on "biker" web sites, While you and your fellow master-abater bro's are rallying on the steps of the state capitol, the politictions are looking out the window laughing at all the freaks they stirred up, as stated before the whole helmet thing drains funds and diverts attention away from more important issues, It's just a bike you know, I ride for fun, I wear a full-face helmet and leathers because I'm mature enough and intelligent enough to know there are risks involved, I've been riding for 36 out of my 44 years and I know sliding down the road on my ass hurts, asphalt is harder than my head and ****e happens whether you like it or not. be smart, be safe, ride some more tomorrow, it's just a game

JohnGeisz 08-20-2002 08:33 AM

Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback
 
Walter Williams... is that you? lol




vcs700s 08-20-2002 08:33 AM

Re: Picking the location of your line
 
Apparently, you didn't read my last post. I said I didn't care what a person wore or didn't wear. That means if they want to wear a helmet great, if not great. I choose, that is okay isn't it?, to wear a full face helmet. That isn't drawing a line in the sand, it is exercising my free will to do so. Sorry you have a problem with that but I don't see why.

KPaulCook 08-20-2002 08:40 AM

Its my penny I can cry if I want to, cry if I want to.
 
[*]Tobacco: Tobacco taxes and settlements pay for its abuse.
[*]Alcohol: Taxes partially pay for its abuse



But idiots who don’t wear full face helmets: You pay in the form of higher insurance costs and taxes to support EMS services etc.



The rest of your rant has nothing to do with this argument. It's my .00000000018 of a penny and I can cry if I want to.




shineon2000 08-20-2002 08:41 AM

Re: ''Helmet or Thick Skull'' Reader Feedback
 
You are arguing in circles. 50% of voters don't do so. You can change from a republic to a democracy or get rid of helmet laws (bad idea for all Burn's reasons, plus I wouldn't be writing if I hadn't been wearing a helmet these 32 yrs.) if you get active and vote. If you don't believe that, tell me how someone got the helmet laws passed in the first place. Also be certain to look at the things you don't want other people to do or have before you critisize too much.

KPaulCook 08-20-2002 08:45 AM

Ohio's response to low test scores
 
This was probably Ohio's response to low test scores was to legalize non helmet use. Kill of the low life idiots


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM.