Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-30-2002, 09:27 AM   #31
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Fun with headlights

Gee, I have been using the clear H-4 bulbs for +15 years now in my Harley, have only recently thought of changing to something else. Even use the same brand (or Phillips)! Won't even think about it anymore, thanks. Now my Beemer is a different story, it uses a pair of H7 bulbs (one for high one for low). They come in all sorts of colrs and hues, think I'll stick with clear on them too. At least the new Harley (coming in January or December) uses H4s still. Thanks for the info.

I get mine at AutoZone, in stock, hanging in the rack!

And in closing, had no idea so many readers are that anal about a $12 subscription, anyone renew Cycleworld or Motorcyclist lately? Geez....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2002, 07:27 PM   #32
piinob
Founding Member

Sure is an awful lot of emotion over a few lights. I appreciate it, and would like to see more things like this (Bags,seats,helmets,LED's). All tech tips are appreciated since I am not nearly as informed as some folks are. Twelve bucks well spent.
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:04 PM   #33
blasterX
Founding Member

I vote for chocolate iced with sprinkles
blasterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:41 AM   #34
rvfrules
Founding Member

I put an LED tailight on my CRM250 (batteryless) 2- stroke motard. It works great, saving a lot of juice, which can then be used to power my high-wattage aftermarket headlight (which is hooked directly up to the regulator--another great idea). No more lights dimming when I hit the brakes going into corners at night.
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:58 AM   #35
dominatr37
Founding Member

I've been using 100/90W H4's for a long, long time now. I've only had one problem in all that time, and that was on my beloved '98 YZF600R. The plastic socket melted. This was remedied by buying a nakelight socket from Napa. All has been fine since. Nothing compares to a good strong headlight bulb. One of the first things I do to a bike is change the headlamp to a 100/90W.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:40 PM   #36
painter_1
Founding Member

God what a TOTAL *******
painter_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 10:45 PM   #37
sanfret
Founding Member

That is why sanfret is still a leeche (sp).
sanfret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 03:52 PM   #38
bermshotbill
Founding Member

I purchased a set of PIAA "extreme white" bulbs that are 60/55W actual, but claim the output of 115/135W at $60.00 pair. I am extremely pleased with the results. My bike puts out as much or more light than my friends bikes that have 2 or 3 bulbs. I also used another light that had a "glow ring" that I purchased from a dealer and that light worked real well also, but I do not remember the brand (I have seen them on lockhart phillips web site). The price was $28 for a single bulb. I also tried a tinted light that claimed a higher output, but was disappointed with the amount of light I saw from the saddle. It looked cool to oncoming traffic, but I could not see potholes and hazards as well. The tinted light did light up reflective signs extremely well!!

My final opinion: PIAA's are expensive but worth the money for me. I constantly get comments from people about the bright headlights. The cheap imitations are just that.
bermshotbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 05:46 PM   #39
chevegan
Founding Member

$12??? is that what you're complaining about? What the hell do you ride? Obviously something really cheap. Look i'm sorry to disappoint you but this site is for MOTORCYCLES not bmx' god I hope you're autistic or something because this is pathetic.
chevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 04:59 PM   #40
msawyer
Founding Member

really good technical and easy to understand explanations. worth the reading

http://www.webmaster10.com/ldr/light-color.html
msawyer is offline   Reply With Quote