Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-27-2002, 12:45 PM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Ducati Jacket reader feedback

Probavly the same reason that snobs pay an extra 10K for a Totyota Land Cruiser that has Acura badges on it. Or snobs who buy Ford Expeditions with Lincil badges on it.

Maybe the Ducati Rubbies are even worse snobs than the HD Rubbies. I'd swear that most the Ducati riders I see around where I live are just ridin' the bikes to be seen on a Ducati. Otherwise, why do I see a fair number of 916s cruisin' the boulevards? The boulevards are a bit out of the 916's venue I think.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2002, 12:46 PM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Seruzawa you idiot that's LINCOLN badges. Don't you ever proofread?
Old 07-27-2002, 04:13 PM   #33
BritRider
Founding Member

Also Toyata = Lexus, Honda = Acura,

Just doin what I can for the greater good of humanity
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:42 PM   #34
kmalsky
Founding Member

Man. That was the most pathetic piece of "journalism" I've read in a long time. Lust? Months of machinations? You need to spend more time reviewing useful things that readers might actually buy and less time in front of a mirror.

Why don't you just buy a well made leather jacket that doesn't say "Ducati" on it and staple three $100 bills to your sleeve? Same effect -- and the zipper would be on the right side.

kmalsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 08:55 AM   #35
Bruno_1
Founding Member

Wearing the HD gear on the Magna would also make my bike slow, which it isn't!
Bruno_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:32 AM   #36
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Wow!

"Aw shucks, I was just tellin' it like it is," he stammered, searching for words as if they were scattered on the ground. He worked hard to avoid her pretty smile. It was a smile that seemed to stop time. In any case, it always stopped him in the middle of a sentence.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:39 AM   #37
xlr8r
Founding Member

Coming from the Western side of the Atlantic, I have to say I hate that zipper thing, too. My Gericke, Belstaff and Furygan gear all zip up the same way...so why doesn't my Aerostich fleece?
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 03:52 AM   #38
brickl
Founding Member

Can't speak for Burns, but why wouldn't I staple some Ben Franklins to my jacket instead of buying Duc leather? Because I can afford both a Ducati and the freakin' jacket. I'm so tired of all of you fiscally challenged bozos out there who do nothing but bash things you either can't afford or are too cheap to buy. There is a remedy for both, you know: Get a better job, learn how to enjoy your life, or both. You can do it, you just don't know it yet...

Stop bashing people who might not want to ride a Rebel w/ a 50 dollar jacket. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:36 AM   #39
SRMark
Founding Member

Burns, you gots nice titties! Bigger than they looked in your previous bare-chested shot. Must be that closed-cell foam. For that kinda money though, you could make a healthy down-payment on some replacement ta-tas. (And you gots a purty mouth.)
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:43 AM   #40
SRMark
Founding Member

Hey everybody, party at brickl's (or is prickl's) house! He's got the money and won't dare complain if we drink his good stuff. Do be sure to dress properly.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote