Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Ducati Jacket reader feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1322-ducati-jacket-reader-feedback.html)

seruzawa 07-27-2002 11:45 AM

Re: Ducati Jacket reader feedback

Probavly the same reason that snobs pay an extra 10K for a Totyota Land Cruiser that has Acura badges on it. Or snobs who buy Ford Expeditions with Lincil badges on it.

Maybe the Ducati Rubbies are even worse snobs than the HD Rubbies. I'd swear that most the Ducati riders I see around where I live are just ridin' the bikes to be seen on a Ducati. Otherwise, why do I see a fair number of 916s cruisin' the boulevards? The boulevards are a bit out of the 916's venue I think.

seruzawa 07-27-2002 11:46 AM

Seruzawa you idiot that's LINCOLN badges. Don't you ever proofread?

BritRider 07-27-2002 03:13 PM

Also Toyata = Lexus, Honda = Acura,

Just doin what I can for the greater good of humanity

kmalsky 07-27-2002 06:42 PM

Man. That was the most pathetic piece of "journalism" I've read in a long time. Lust? Months of machinations? You need to spend more time reviewing useful things that readers might actually buy and less time in front of a mirror.

Why don't you just buy a well made leather jacket that doesn't say "Ducati" on it and staple three $100 bills to your sleeve? Same effect -- and the zipper would be on the right side.

Bruno_1 07-28-2002 07:55 AM

Wearing the HD gear on the Magna would also make my bike slow, which it isn't! :)

Steven_Verschoor 07-28-2002 10:32 AM

Re: Wow!

"Aw shucks, I was just tellin' it like it is," he stammered, searching for words as if they were scattered on the ground. He worked hard to avoid her pretty smile. It was a smile that seemed to stop time. In any case, it always stopped him in the middle of a sentence.

xlr8r 07-29-2002 12:39 AM

Coming from the Western side of the Atlantic, I have to say I hate that zipper thing, too. My Gericke, Belstaff and Furygan gear all zip up the same way...so why doesn't my Aerostich fleece?

brickl 07-29-2002 02:52 AM

Can't speak for Burns, but why wouldn't I staple some Ben Franklins to my jacket instead of buying Duc leather? Because I can afford both a Ducati and the freakin' jacket. I'm so tired of all of you fiscally challenged bozos out there who do nothing but bash things you either can't afford or are too cheap to buy. There is a remedy for both, you know: Get a better job, learn how to enjoy your life, or both. You can do it, you just don't know it yet...

Stop bashing people who might not want to ride a Rebel w/ a 50 dollar jacket. Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

SRMark 07-29-2002 03:36 AM

Burns, you gots nice titties! Bigger than they looked in your previous bare-chested shot. Must be that closed-cell foam. For that kinda money though, you could make a healthy down-payment on some replacement ta-tas. (And you gots a purty mouth.)

SRMark 07-29-2002 03:43 AM

Hey everybody, party at brickl's (or is prickl's) house! He's got the money and won't dare complain if we drink his good stuff. Do be sure to dress properly.