Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Kawasaki Vulcan reader feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1314-kawasaki-vulcan-reader-feedback.html)

SilverBullet 07-23-2002 02:17 PM

Re: Kawasaki Vulcan reader feedback

I'm selling my V-Star if you're interested, mini. :)

bluyzfr6 07-23-2002 02:35 PM

I had written a post on a seperate article but wanted to make sure my point was heard. Theres a new bike out by Ducati. Not big news or anything, just a replacement for the 998. That would be sarcasm. I have lost all respect for MO and its staff. I will NOT pay anything for this POS site next year. I have gotten more news from the free sites this, the first year of the new and unimproved expensive MO. I wish it was funny, but its not. I really hope the staff at MO understand how dissapointed I and im sure most of readers. For the news (its actually like 4 days old not) on the new duc and other new bikes, check.... ANY OTHER MOTORCYCLE SITE ON THE WEB! Really, type Motorcycle on the search engine and any other site will give u the info on the new Ducati 999. Find a new profession MO!

nitrofly 07-23-2002 02:48 PM

"it's a great personal transportation unit"

Apparently so was the zuma. Now let's get back to business and test something like the new triumph TT600.

minime 07-23-2002 02:52 PM

bluyzfr6, dear sir (or ma'am? I know not),

We posted something on the New Ducati RIGHT HERE. See? Good. We even pointed readers to Ducati's own web site via a hyperlink should readers desire more information.

Now, instead of guessing what the thing is like to ride, speculating and talking at random about that which nobody yet knows all about, we thought we'd reserve judgement until we actually have something concrete to test. To that end, we have our Italian correspondent working on a full 999 break-down, complete with riding impression for posting ASAP.

Or, as Johnnyb says:

"Please,

if you're all slobbery over the new Ducati 999 feel free to go to a free

web

site for God's sake, for the same propaganda you can get at

ducati.com. We at MO prefer to wait to have a real bike in our

paws. Afterward, it's a rousing e-mail debate with KPaul about

hamster

vs. gerbil, and finish off the evening with a nice mug of hot

coacoa. Get off our backs. We got enough problems."

So, bluyzfr6, find a new profession? We like ours and can only suggest that if you don't like what you see here, please feel free to post your rants on various other free sites of which there are, according to you, many more which are far superior to anything we've got going on here.

Thanks for stopping in.

minime 07-23-2002 02:54 PM

There's more interesting stuff right around the corner. i'll admit that the last few tests aren't what I'm personally into, but there are people who care, even if you and I aren't two of them.

So, I promise there'll be something more sporting (and even something more hard-core cruiser within the next week that'll surely give you what you need.

Youngbulll 07-23-2002 02:55 PM

I pitched in a subscription fee for this? You guys are really hurting for content aren't you? I promise you there is nothing, and I mean nothing, amazing you can report about a cruiser. Did I mention nothing? I can understand that you're having issues getting test bikes, what with John B's record and all, but there has to be something better to write about than a Vulcan 800! Is there not a motorcycle magazine, whether on the net or in print, that's worth a ***** these day?

Tex

Still Waiting for the Good Stuff

hackfu 07-23-2002 02:58 PM

Define "Good Stuff".

itchface 07-23-2002 03:15 PM

People! The name of this site is "Motorcycle Online" not "Motorcycles That Are Really Fast And Corner Like A Frightened Jackrabbit Online." I like the diversity of test subjects, even though I wouldn't buy a Vulcan 800 if they sold for a dollar a CC. MO, please don't listen to the fascists who would have you write exclusively about the bikes they deem to be cool!

Youngbulll 07-23-2002 03:20 PM

How about some info/insight on what the Big 4 are planning for the proposed AMA rule changes next year? Updates on a few of your nicer (read sporty) long term test bikes? Performance mods for the home mechanic? 2003 model speculation based on rumor and current market trends? Suspension set up basics both for street and track use? DOT sport tire comparisons? You know, stuff that guys that ride sportbikes want to know.

Do you honestly think that the market segment that would be interested in a Vulcan 800 reads magazines like this? You know all the stuff you think about when your making a deposit on the ivory throne? That's all the same stuff we think about. Well, maybe not ALL the same stuff, but you get the idea. Give us answers and we will give you money.

Tex

minime 07-23-2002 03:25 PM

Let's try to get this back on track:

What did you guys think of the article? The bike? Its competition?