Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-24-2002, 11:27 AM   #61
rls4691
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Vulcan reader feedback

Nice review. I'm not into cruisers, but it is good to hear about the ones available. You did a nice job of bringing context to the article as well.

The comparison to a 900SS and other really expensive sporting motorcycles is a little obvious though.

Nice recovery from the Zuma marketing piece.
rls4691 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2002, 11:35 AM   #62
atlhawk
Founding Member

Would love to see a comparo Vulcan, Volusia, Bonneville America. Grew up on sports bikes, had a Ninja the very first year it came out. Been riding for years and cruisers have their place. Sometimes we do want to see what we're riding past enjoy the scenery and talk to the babes
atlhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 11:56 AM   #63
alanheng
Founding Member

Default Re: Now I remember why I gritted my teeth...

I like reading reviews of scooters, cruisers, and the like, but I agree that the content at MO is bland, too (sorry, MO).

Instead of *****ing about it, though, why don't we do something about it.

I've written a rough review of the DL 1000 I rode, and once I edit it I'll ship it off the MO to see if they want to post it. If you take your energy and contribute rather than b*tch you'll make the site all the better.

Why doesn't everybody write a good long-term review of their bike and send it to MO.
alanheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:02 PM   #64
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Closet Bueller?

Talk of motorcycles and closet can only lead to the *PINK* Speed Triple.

Seriously though, Buell is doing a lot to improve my vision of H-D. If they'd just get a new engine to work with or a solid year without a recall, I may be forced to put my money where my mouth is.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #65
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default To the squids among us. You know who you are ....

one day soon, about the time your children need braces, it will occur to you that it is possible to have a great deal of fun on a motorcycle without leaving long darkies at the exit of every sweeper you navigate.

that life, like a bike ride, is a journey--and it's not such a great thing to arrive at the end.

that you are still a worthy human even if your squid friend dives inside of you in turn one. that giving up 50 pounds in bike weight and a few points in aerodynamic friction are not the end of the known universe.

that it is possible to ride a motorcycle without looking to all the world like you desperately want to have sex with it. that it isn't necessary to endure sore necks and backs any more. or numb hands.

that pavement hurts.

when you arrive at this point, like i have, you are in for the surprise of your life, because there are some damned good, mellow people, and some damned fine rides awaiting you, full of sunshine and flowers and mountain vistas as far as you can see. life can be good, even when it's not being fast-forwarded.

so do yourself a favor. don't knock cruiserdom until you've tried it.

thanks, MO, for writing for the rest of us. and burnsie .... don't fight the feeling. go with it. we won't hold it against you. it's ok to come out of the cruiser closet.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:00 PM   #66
KPaulCook
Banned

Default First its minivans then braces then ....

Yep you are probably right its just a matter of age and wisdom. My wife and I bought a minivan a few yeas ago, something I swore we would never do. But I have to admit the minivan is so practical vs the SUV it replaced. After riding my friends Shadow I can see the attraction in cruisers. My oldest girl is getting braces so I guess next I'll be looking at cruisers. But, if I was going to get a cruiser it would be a Mean Streak or Warrior. I love the fact they have great tires and components.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:42 PM   #67
Kevenmac
Founding Member

Guys please keep the cruiser reviews coming..and while you are at it how about doing a compare and PLEASE include the Honda Shadow Sabre...it has to be the best kept secret in cruisers...

True motorcycle enthusiasts enjoy reading about all types of bikes.

Kevenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:44 PM   #68
dwr461
Founding Member

Time for my two cents worth. I have not read any recent reviews of the Vulcan or Volusia anywhere else but here. They are not the fastest, high tech, able to get one half a second faster around the track than last year's model, bike. It's amazing to me how each new bike that comes out is so great making last year's bikes outdated, much like my fiance's clothes. Most other publications ignore these low end cruisers. They're relatively cheap, give great bang for the buck, change little from year to year, have great aftermarket support, generate lots of sales(Why else would they be around to long), and are ignored by journalists.

I thought it was well written, funny, and interesting. Pretty much the complete opposite of my response.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 02:06 PM   #69
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Closet Bueller?

A pink S3? Well, if you don't ever want to see another bike like yours...
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 02:10 PM   #70
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Please use the word Japanese

Not to mention bikes of Japanese provenance. I don't have one now, but all of my previous bikes came from Japan. Just think, if it were not for the Japanese, Triumphs would still leak oil and blow bulbs and switches and...

Japanese cruisers have done the same for Harley Davidson, and we are all better off for it.

Ok, so can we all have a group hug and go eat some granola together? And then do a big, smokey, group burnout...
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote