Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-24-2002, 06:52 AM   #51
drider
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Vulcan reader feedback

This article was not a life changing experience for me. And it shouldn't have to be.

I enjoy reading about motorcycles of all types, some more than others. The Vulcan is one of the others for me but it may be 'the one I've been thinking about' for someone else. I think that just seeing it in print might be helpful for them to make a decision.

Now I don't quite understand why the Vulcan is even mentioned in a compfort comparison with a 900SS. That to me seems obvious. The Volusia was just tested how about comparing a cruiser with another cruiser?

Keep the tests comming and keep the test archive growing. I find that to be one of the sites best assets.
drider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2002, 07:28 AM   #52
robb_millett
Founding Member

What? Born in '67? ... and, you presume to know anyhting about getting old? Why you pup! Try '55.. lemme tell ya pal, you have no understanding of the incremental decreptitude that will begin when you turn 40...you just wait, HAW! you have no idea what you'r in for!

As a former card carrying member of the Sportbike Fascisti, I question the knee-jerk attitude of those still carrying cards...are smoky burnouts, wheelies, and footpeg scraping somehow less fun on a cruiser, than on a sportbike? by what p[artially rationalized logic does that make sense?... or is it only your own prejudice talking?
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 07:38 AM   #53
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Thought

We have returned our Kawasaki ZX12R.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 07:43 AM   #54
Monster_1
Founding Member

You know, the only gripe I have about the article is that it's too short. Sentences like "The Ducati is the kind of modern, uncomfortable furniture gay couples and New Yorkers have." and "The front fender is a tire mullet." had me rolling! Not to mention Julia's lips... I like the diversity of bikes & the writing, which is why I'll renew my subscription when the time comes. Gotta mention though, Competition Accessories's website didn't accept the discount code you guys sent me (at least I still got the 10% AMA discount).
Monster_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:00 AM   #55
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Please use the word Japanese

I have a lot of respect for Japan and folks of Japanese descent.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:02 AM   #56
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Price is the difference

Good catch (high revs) . You can beat the price
Old 07-24-2002, 09:10 AM   #57
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Great Price/Performance Ratio sure beats a Harley

The Vulcan, Shadow etc all have such great price performance ratios compared to the Sportsers. My friend has a Shadow shaft drive liquid cooled. Although I am not into cruisers it is a great deal. I rode a Sportser (I wanted to test a Firebolt but it was gone at the time) and then the Shadow. The Shadow was so much better. I assume this Vulcan is on the same level as the Shadow. I couldn't beleive how clunky the tranny on the Sporty was.

Speaking of Sportsers anybody looked at the new Buell Lightning based on the Firebolt. Looks cool. See www.buell.com for details
Old 07-24-2002, 09:46 AM   #58
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Good bike, bad review

I think the only thing lacking from this review was that it was cruiser written up like a sport bike. Power? Who cares. Tell me how easy it was to throw on the saddle bags. What about a windshield?

I've seriously considered picking up a "small" Japanese cruiser for rides up to the lake with my wife (believe it or not, an SV650 just isn't good for that kind of riding). MO needs to find a few guys with a passion for cruisers similar to what they already have for sport bikes. If it's really that hard to find someone, I'd be happy to come out and play for a few weeks.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:52 AM   #59
Christian_Carlson
Founding Member

Default Re: Now I remember why I gritted my teeth...

How much did you pay for the subscription? $11.94? That's not too bad, considering that unlike a print mag, this actually has the archives set up for you, so you can look at the stuff from the past. Also, you can spill beer on a magazine, but not on the website (although you can ruin a computer and peripherials this way). I thought motorcycles were about making your own memories and not live vicariously through the dreams of others. Go get some track time in or maybe do something else bike-related you think is interesting and see if motorcycle.com will publish what you write. You obviously have acquired the skill of writing pretty well (that was not meant as an insult). Motorcycle.com may have lost a lot of money from ads because of the down economy. I dunno. I may agree that some of the stuff is a little boring, but I liked some of the cruiser stuff, although sport bikes are cool too. Do you whatever you feel is right though.
Christian_Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 09:55 AM   #60
robb_millett
Founding Member

Ahhhhh, true wisdom!

"We all know that we need at least 3-4 bikes for different conditions. "

that's about the max that one can keep in maintained ridable condition, according to an officemate who's been there.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote