Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-23-2002, 03:58 PM   #11
riles
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Vulcan reader feedback

Very entertaining article, well written. I enjoy Johns articles. Maybe will consider trading my F4i for a cruiser in a few years.
riles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2002, 04:01 PM   #12
Jon_Cowles
Founding Member

I feel so much better now... I used to think I was the only one afraid of Julia Robert's lips! Thanks Burns!
Jon_Cowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:22 PM   #13
NoKneeDown
Founding Member

I was blessed with the ability to have an interest in ALL bikes, including this one. If it's got two wheels and some sort of motor in between, I'm down. My only question concerning this bike is what is the difference between it and it's competition? Vulcans, Volusias, Shadows, and others all seem to be so similar. I think that is why many have a hard time finding anything interesting about any of them. This Vulcan is pretty much the same thing as a Shadow 750 (or an intruder, or marauder), just with a different name on the tank. Even the oh-so-close 600 class bikes have differences that lend a rider to buy one or the other (i.e; street or track). Anyways, my two pennies, don't have a point but at least it was on track with the article. Happy mini? Great read though. I don't care what bike it is, just keep them coming--I can't afford any of them, but I'll read about all of them.
NoKneeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:30 PM   #14
Agent0090
Founding Member

So I've been working on JohnB's essay assaignment, you know, about the picture out of the Mustang window being worth a thousand (or 10,000) words or something like that? I have questions. Whose Mustang? What's with the surveillance-esque photo out the window? (What, you couldn't get out of the car?) And the question that's on almost everybody's mind: Who's the girl?

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:40 PM   #15
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Yeah, who is the girl... and does she have those "fist-clenching cruiser muscles"?

The bike seems well proportioned for her stature... and she looks way cool doing the burnout.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:41 PM   #16
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default Another Thought

I had another thought. (That's it, I'll have to quit for the week now.) I like these kind of reviews, even if this isn't the bike I ride or dream about.

When I was at the bike show in St. louis this past winter I noticed that, tucked away in a corner, Yamaha was still displaying the Vulcan 750 that hasn't changed much since the days of Reagan. It had attracted a couple of people (most older than myself), and the Yamaha guy commented to one of them something to the effect of "It's not sexy, but I've never heard any complaints about one. " It brings to mind Glyden's article from earlier in the week about the elegance and charm of things you can fix yourself. How nice that if I like a bike from ten or more years ago, I can still go out and buy one, new, with a warranty. And not just one. I have my choice of several, from a GS 500 up to a V-Max with several other options in between. Perhaps it's an accident of the industry, but I like that about motorcycles.

I'm done now.

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 04:56 PM   #17
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Thought

If it was the Yamaha booth, then it would have been a Virago 750. The Vulcan is a Kwak.
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:17 PM   #18
Rekord
Founding Member

Well said ! I totally agree with you and I'm buying a Kawasaki VN750 next week (I don't care about 80'es look). Hey different people different bikes !
Rekord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:24 PM   #19
99R6
Founding Member

HEY.......... MINE OR HACKFU, I JUST GOT A 2002 BUSA'.... DO U STILL HAVE THAT 12R?? LETS DO A SHOOTOUT?????

THAT'LL PUT SOME SPICE IN YOUR LIFE???

PLEASE GET BACK
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:26 PM   #20
Rekord
Founding Member

Vulcan 750 has shaft (no lubing the chain),

doesn't need valve adjustment, top speed in three digits but you can with 20 if you like, plenty ground clearance and so on. For six grands (out the door) you get an excellent engine almost maintenance-free (what not to like about that) cruiser comfort AND performance.

Yamaha discontinued Virago 750.
Rekord is offline   Reply With Quote