Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-19-2002, 07:56 PM   #1
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Patrick Racing Road Star Warrior feedback

looks like fun, I think the warrior is the coolest non-harley cruiser, supposedly you can bump them up to 100 hp. or so, and they're supposed to handle too.... hmmmmmm.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
KPaulCook
Banned

This is more like it guys. Loved the article. Good job. I thought drag racing would be boring too until I saw it in person. The Drag Bikes were my favorite. Makes me want to get on the Ninja and go.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 08:00 PM   #3
KPaulCook
Banned

And those Warriors are sure pretty too.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:02 PM   #4
oldbluegone
Founding Member

Hey, is there a Zuma v.s. Warrior article in the works? I like these power cruisers a lot. More than I ever thought I would in fact. Even stock, the VTX and Warrior are good bikes. But both are just begging to be massaged and coddled into monster motor machines. I got a chance to ride a Warrior recently and it handles nice also. So, how much does it cost to modify the Warrior?
oldbluegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:10 PM   #5
MoSpeed
Founding Member

I have this to say about my own ametuer drag racing experience. It's statistically safer than road racing. (very few wipe outs) There's never a shortage of cool rides both 2 wheeled and 4 wheeled at the track. There's plenty of flirt time while you're in the staging lanes provided of course you leave your other half at home. And in my humble opinion, nothing beats the thrill of going head to head as fast as you can possibly go from a dead stop to the finish line.
MoSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 03:15 AM   #6
kawazuki
Founding Member

Well, that sells it. Now I have to go and modify mine.

I'm thinking if I get mine to halfway between where it is now, and where that drag bike is now, I'll be ecstatic. And I'm absolutely certain that my wiser half will agree that what that bike needs is more power...
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 04:04 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think what people really want to know is how it stacks up against a SV650. Seriously, this class may bring more popularity to drag racing, which I think was the point of creating a cruiser only race class. Since cruiser owners outnumber sportbikes by a large margin, this new class may entice many of them to try their hand a drag racing. Nothin like the feel of rippin full throttle down the strip. For those that haven't I suggest giving it a go.
Old 07-20-2002, 05:22 AM   #8
BorgBiker
Registered Member

Default Zuma -vs- Warrior?

Is that a joke, or am I confused? Or maybe both? I didn't realize the Zuma was a power cruiser. I thought it was a scooter. Or an alcholic beverage .
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 06:07 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah! And don't forget, we all want to see how the SV650 stacks up against the Honda XR650R at dirt track races!

Old 07-20-2002, 06:57 AM   #10
evilgenius
Founding Member

Default Slightly different subject...

But still about bikes! I think? Has anyone been to www.polarisindustries.com (Polaris's site) lately?

If you go there, a pop-up window appears with glimpses of a revolutionary new vehicle called the MSX to be unveiled on Aug. 5. My question is; what the heck is it?

Asking several friends, they think it's either a new snowmobile or a new 4-stroke watercraft? Can't be watercraft because why the heck would a watercraft need lights? They're banned after sunset, in my state anyway.

I have a gut feeling that it may either be a new sport-tourer or even a sportbike coming from Polaris! Don't laugh! If you look closely, the gas tank is very motorcyclish because of the filler cap being metal with a clip for a key (this also discounts it as being an ATV as well).

Maybe Dr. Robin Tuluie has been secretly developing a sportbike for Polaris and the Tul-aris being a test mule for the new Polaris sportbike?

What do ya think? Check out the website and study the pop-up window!
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote