Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Patrick Racing Road Star Warrior feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1310-patrick-racing-road-star-warrior-feedback.html)

jamesohoh7 07-22-2002 09:10 AM

Re: Slightly different subject...

I have to agree with C.W.A.... that thing is an ATV, and an automatic-tranny equipped one as well.

In the pics that someone posted the link to above... on pwctoday's site... there's a pic that clearly shows what would appear to be part of an automatic shifter where you can see 'R' and 'N', where the 'R' has an arrow shape around it, implying 'reverse'. I know auto-tranny bikes have been tried in the past, but really now... who would buy one?

Unless that's a fake pic, and it could be b/c I don't see it in the slide-show on Polaris's site... then this thing is an ATV or Snowmobile.

Then, compare it's cowl/headlights to the one of the Predator pic, looks pretty much the same.

My bet is ATV w/snowmobile-type features. :)

OR.. it could be their foray into the mega-scooter market.

-James

jamesohoh7 07-22-2002 09:21 AM

Re: Patrick Racing Road Star Warrior feedback

Beyond who she was, I can't believe no one else caught that or commented on it! I was about to start a new thread on it until I saw your comment.

Anyway.. Danielle was the cute little blondie intern they had last year.

Auphliam 07-22-2002 09:25 AM

It is the new Victory SportCruiser. You know, the folks that invented the whole genre and then got absolutely no credit from any motorcycle press for it. Even or beloved MO didn't do a comparo on the class until all the Japs had released copy-cats and then questioned where the niche started. DUH!?!

Way to drop the ball on that one, MO

VFRider 07-22-2002 09:26 AM

But is she the Danielle in question here...?

KPaulCook 07-22-2002 10:05 AM

New Environment friendly Harley Model

evilgenius 07-22-2002 10:13 AM

Have you seen the gas tank? The motorcycle-style fuel-filler? Why a metallic gas tank on an ATV? A metallic gas tank would just get scratched, dented, and rusted faster than maggots

eating dead fish. Maybe not that fast but close.

By the way nay-sayers, check out Victory's website , It IS A MOTORCYCLE! Do I have to get a loudspeaker and yell into your ears?

What would an ATV have to do with Victory's website? The only mistake I made was assuming it will be a Polaris labeled bike but now that Victory has the same teaser, It will be a Victory sportbike or sport-tourer...

All of you nay-sayers get out of your denial mode and start accepting the fact that there is INDEED going to be a motorcycle coming from Polaris/Victory, whether you like it or not!

Go USA!

evilgenius 07-22-2002 10:23 AM

Re: New Environment friendly Harley Model

LOL!

Steven_Verschoor 07-22-2002 12:07 PM

Well, these pics seem to settle it... shucks, it's not a motorcycle.

At least they had some babe pics on another section of the website.

One thing though: how did PWC manage to scoop Polaris on it's own new vehicle? Even if these photos were leaked, Polaris must be aware of this by now. Why continue with the August 5th countdown on Polaris' website?

MuzzyMatt 07-22-2002 12:14 PM

Oh yeah, now I remember her. I wonder what happened to her. I mean, she was slated to become the official MO bunny.

rsheidler 07-22-2002 01:16 PM

Hmmmm? Lets see. Maybe if you slip a breathed-on FJR 1300 motor into the little sucker! Hey, does Motorcycle.com still have their FJR 1300 and their Zuma test bikes in the garage? I sense a new project bike in the works!!