Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-18-2002, 11:55 AM   #71
Anubis
Founding Member

Default Something to love......

I have to admit the first thing I ever rode with a motor was a scooter. I was helping a friend paint his house (when I was 15 or so) and loved buzzing that little Honda around the neighborhood. So I have good feelings towards scooters in general.

I think something scooterish would be great for saving wear and tear on your main ride. Use it on short hops to the grocery store (You can justify a basket on a scooter, but can you on your sports bike? Would you really want to?) or to pick up a pizza, or whatever. Great for destinations where it would take longer to put on your gear than to make the actual trip. Even easier to park than a motorcycle. And a GREAT introduction to working on engines. Simple as a go-cart and actually useful. Hey, if nothing else, you can always loan it to the girlfriend without a twinge of regret.

Only real downside I see besides spending the money is the minor control differences. Don't try to switch gears on the scooter. Try explaining to on-lookers that your REAL ride is a Gixxer after that experience.

How about a scooter shoot out? All the info in one place and we get to see what the best grocery getter is. You could include information on hop-ups and see which ones needed to be hopped up to make them at all worth while. Call it Pit Bike Wars or something silly like that.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2002, 12:25 PM   #72
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Rant (con't)

OK OK I was going to make some more comments about his domestic partner having a matching scooter but..... To each his own Best of Vespa etc.. On the North Cascades thing it looks like I'll be in California on business from next week through August. So too bad. Your right about engineering students when I got my MBA it helped open me up a little.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 12:49 PM   #73
Thig
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Yamaha Zuma Reader Feedback

Let's see now. Motorcycle Daily has the new Ducati 999 and you have the Zuma. Remind me again why I subscribed.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #74
dominatr37
Founding Member

and you wasted our time with posting this idiotic review of a damned scooter why? Hey, how about something on the ZZR1200 Kawi supersporttourer??? I rode the thing at Americade and fell in love with it. It's a better, faster, meaner GPZ 1100 (Circa mid nineties) Instead you're giving us reviews of kids toys. I just don't get it...
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:28 PM   #75
dominatr37
Founding Member

BINGO ! My thoughts exactly
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 04:09 PM   #76
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: KPaulCook in love with Burns?

LOL.
Old 07-18-2002, 04:11 PM   #77
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: WTF is wrong with you people!?

Amen
Old 07-18-2002, 04:11 PM   #78
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Rant (con't)

I think you meant to write " I should HAVE expected that type of response FROM A dumb business major..." I guess you are using your brain engineering really complicated things...

And c'mon buddy, I do mean it all in jest. Of course you do not love Burns (I hope). It was just funny how quickly you did a 180 after he wrote about the Bonneville, even though all the points that he made were already covered by the gray pony tails (!) in multitudes of past posts.

Grow a thicker skin or develop a sense of humour, forums like this will always invite pot-shots. A smarter/wittier come-back is far more satisfying than a blustery nose-out-of-joint response.

Peace.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 04:16 PM   #79
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: No scooters for this born in the USA kid.

What is wrong with a bicycle? I used to ride my mountain bike with street tires everywhere when I lived in a downtown area. But you are right I can now see by some of the responses here that some folks love the cute little things. Hey I'll shut up but I would like to see more content from MO.
Old 07-18-2002, 04:31 PM   #80
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re.

LOL OK OK you're right OK the Bonneville thing I liked it cause it's a cruiser with a British accent, the parallel twin. OK. On the scooter thing, I am sure that allan and his domestic partner look great traveling through campus on those matching scooters. So cute and so pink. This is Motorcycle online right. I guess I never considered pooters as cycles/bikes. If I am wrong please correct my biased soul.