Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #61
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: Scooters are like fat girls...

Duh, never mind. Should have read the whole thing before posting. Will I ever learn?

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2002, 08:39 AM   #62
ballan00
Founding Member

Default Re: WTF is wrong with you people!?

Although I am a sport bike man, I also enjoy hearing about other types of motorcycles.

The only problem is that the last several pieces have all been about cruiser bikes or sport TOURING bikes.

I am hungering for a good sport bike review or even better, another shootout of sorts. Since Sport Rider only comes out every 2 months, I am really jonesing to get my sport bike fix.

Not that I mind other bikes so much, but I am most interested in reading about performance motorcycles. By performance, I also mean dirt bikes (when is the last dirt bike review by MO or unlike scooters, do those not count as motorcycles?).

- BA
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:47 AM   #63
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Yamaha Zuma Reader Feedback

Are you/were you drunk, 99R6?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:22 AM   #64
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Rant (con't)

Point taken thanks a million.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:23 AM   #65
KPaulCook
Banned

Amen Well Said
Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 AM   #66
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Alan,

I thinkwhat's got everyone's panties in a wad is the fact that there's been no new reviews for about 3 weeks. Slow coverage of race results. No coverage of new model introductions, with the exception of the 999 that was posted yesterday. It seems like the MO staff went on vacation and left the intern in charge.(El_Falco, you're doing a fine job. Nothing personal.)

We all paid our money, now give us some of what we all crave! You guys are making Motorcyclist look like scintillating reading!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:41 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Quick rundown for this year's 600 test

I can tell you exactly how a Suzuki SV650 will stack up against Yamaha's old XS650 twin. And it won't cost you a penny. (And it won't be pretty for the Yamaha either.)
Old 07-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #68
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Scooters are like fat girls...

LOL Best post yet
Old 07-18-2002, 11:27 AM   #69
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Rant (con't)

Kpaul, my young amigo, what are you doing ? Surely this comment was made in jest. A smug engineer is one of the worst pains in the ass in the world. Please say it ain't so.

As one who educates engineers for a living I will readily attest to the fact that there are many paths to wisdom that do not travel through engineering school. The world is a great big place with lots of room for many types of intelligence and interest. And I think that it takes most of them to make it spin around.

If forced to generalize, in fact, I'd speculate that most engineering students, bless 'em, while hard workers, do have a seemingly limitless capacity to become functionally fixed on issues that do not involve advanced calculus or thermodynamic tables. Not all issues readily lend themselves to an engineering style analysis. Some things you've just got to come to grips with any way that you can. Only a horses-ass claims that one size fits all when it comes to analyzing mileus outside of math and science. Sometimes you've just got to go with the force.

A person with a facile mind will be on top of things not matter what their chosen field of endeavor. I watched one of my colleagues recently get his clock cleaned in a debate on nuclear physics by a faculty member in the art department. It was kind of funny too. So relax and be glad that the world is full of people who are not like you. Believe me, it makes for a better place.

BTW, were still coming to get you in a few weeks for that North Cascades Highway strafing run.

Cheers

spb
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:34 AM   #70
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Alan,

I think that most of us are just having a little fun with El Falco. It's his initiation. It was a fine article and he's already a genuine MO guru.

Considering that the rest of the MO staff saw fit to have El Falco to cover a 40 mph scooter for his first assignment I think that we are not the only ones having fun with him.

Cheers

spb
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote