Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-18-2002, 06:54 AM   #51
nitrofly
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Yamaha Zuma Reader Feedback

Scooters suck. When are you guys going to test the new 2003 Minivans?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2002, 07:01 AM   #52
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Rant (con't)

I should of expect that type of response for dumb business major. Get a real degree like engineering. It's my opinion I did't insult you so chill out. Use your brain.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:15 AM   #53
12er
Founding Member

The scooter shootout idea would be a great read. Well if they did like my friends and I did with the old spree 50's. Setup a tight little track in the local parking lot and go to town. Its way too much fun backing a scooter into a hairpin turn. The same lines as the parking lot motard racing article from a couple years ago. Here is SF scooters are very practical, with a stoplight every 50 yards and tons of traffic. An old coworker had an aprilia racing 50 pumped up a little, that thing would smoke R1's for the first 50 yards. Many would catch up at the next light and ask what the hell he had in that thing. Though if your not in the center of a major city scooters loose their appeal. Well as most burb streets are 35mph or higher with traffic (mostly SUV's) at least doing 10 mph over you'll be run over in a hurry on a stock 50cc...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:59 AM   #54
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Dude, would you please stop using CAPS? It looks like you are shouting at us!

Peace, bro

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:09 AM   #55
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: Rant (con't)

Hey KPaul, you've come a LONG way and now you are polite and respectful (for the most part) and I wanted to recognize that.

Can I offer some advice, though? Stop replying to everyone flat out provoking or insulting you... and if you decide to respond, try not to insult back or do it with a bit more thought invested in the insult (that business major thing was weak and sounds very prejudistic).

Just MHO, Ok? Enjoy the forum.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:25 AM   #56
El_Flaco
Founding Member

I actually can't claim credit for the "scoot-ie"- that was the awesome skillz of none other than Hackfu master. Believe me, it was even funnier in person!
Old 07-18-2002, 08:32 AM   #57
SilverBullet
Founding Member

I totally disagree with you. There are places in the US where a scooter makes sense and they are fun (a scooter got me into liking motorcycles in the first place, so I hold them dear).

Keywest (FL) is a good place to ride a scooter. The little thing doesn't have speed limits over 35mph ANYWHERE. Downtown San Francisco (CA) is so crowded and the stoplights are so close to each other that a scooter makes sense to ride around town (as long as you don't intend to go too far).

Scooters are a ton of fun (in a different way than your ZX12R or your R6 or your GoldWing) and make sense (sometimes).

Old 07-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #58
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Best part about these scoots...

You can buy them a few years down the road for cheap (real cheap if the plastic is cracked) and they make great pit bikes at the track. This year my racer friend got one of his sponsors to paint his scooter to match the teams bikes. Very cool even if it does top out at 25mph.

Definately a case of style over performance, but its fun and quicker than walking down to turn 5.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:36 AM   #59
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: Scooters are like fat girls...

Replace "scooter" with "fat chick". It applies too.

Sorry, no offense intended to overweight ladies.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #60
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Just because you don't see it...

doesn't mean scooter are out of place in the US. Where I live (metro Detroit) there are plenty of scooters running around. A road worthy used scooter can be had for under $500 and is handy for running here and there especially when the traffic is thick and the parking sparse.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote