Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-17-2002, 06:36 PM   #21
deanmass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Yamaha Zuma Reader Feedback

Scooters are cool. Motorcycles are cool. Dirt Bikes are cool. Scooters open doors for a love of motorcycling, and if they don't do that, at least to some mutual respect if the scooter riders stop riding for some reason.

So...

Those of you whining about this being "motorcycle.com", quit being a bunch of ****s and remember when it was fun to ride ANYTHING with 2 wheels and a motor that made you happy. It's all good....I vote for a scooter shootout...
deanmass is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2002, 07:01 PM   #22
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Scooters are becoming very popular here in downtown Denver. One of the biggest advantages is that you can legally park them on sidewalks (50cc models). As more and more people move downtown, more and more scooters are being sold. I would love to get one and then get a bunch of other scooters together for some killer parking lot races. Those Italjet Dragsters look pretty dang sweet.

I did see a guy on a Zuma ride all year around, and yes in the winter with snow on the ground/street. Can't do that very well on my F2!
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #23
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default 40 mph top speed

Forty mph is just a little slow for urban warfare. Did you consider dropping it out of an airplane? Maybe that'd gotten a little more top speed out of it.

Helpfully,

spb
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:21 PM   #24
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: 40 mph top speed

LOL... I like that
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:34 PM   #25
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: I thought this was Motorcycle.com not

If you check this link, you'll see that Minime said MO was doing a ZZ-R1200 comparo. He said this back on June 20th!</p>

I'll certainly back you on asking for Busa - ZX-12R shootout, but I'm not holding my breath.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:35 PM   #26
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default PS:

Oh, and I definitely vote for naked chicks, too!
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #27
sfbandito
Registered Member

After which you can try my Troy-Bilt rototiller if you think you have the tines.....
sfbandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 10:49 PM   #28
tolachi
Founding Member

Yeah, me too. I'll darned if you ever catch me on one of those things, but that was by far the funniest and most entertaining article I have read on Motorcycle.com. A little depth wouldn't have killed my laughter though.
tolachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:26 PM   #29
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: No scooters for this born in the USA kid.

I am going to bite the bullet and agree with KPaulCook. 50cc scooter make sense in french/italian/greek towns. They don't even make sense in Britain, let along the good ol USuv. I rode my brothers 125 scooter in the uk for a while and man, when those cars start sweeping you up, cutting by you.. you need more power. 50cc in LA. Your tester is a braver man than I.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:37 PM   #30
oldbluegone
Founding Member

Default Six-Pack Friend

Nothing could be more stylish than the Zuma for a run down to the package store for a fresh supply of Red Dawg. In fact you could strap two of them bad boys together and be able to carry home a whole case!

It is all good though. Because I get tired of seeing the 17 year old dim-wit in sandles, shorts, and tanktop recklessly blast through traffic on his way to his next accident aboard the Gixxer or CBR his Mom bought him. Yeah, I am jealous...but I wouldn't turn down the Zuma.

oldbluegone is offline   Reply With Quote