Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-11-2002, 11:29 AM   #91
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: Now I understand

I think the Sprint RS.S is great looking. It is much more graceful looking than the current RS. I really like the three headlight treatment and don't know why they abandoned it for the new Daytona. Progress, I guess.

As far as the 600 market is concerned, I hope they stay there because I happen to like my TT600 a whole lot. The seem to be selling well in Seattle, because I see a lot of them these days. Given some development time, they can catch up if they want to. There are a number of racers who are figuring out how to wring power out of the engine and reduce the bike's weight. Triumph has a long history of learning from other people's racing efforts.

The dealer I go to also sells Harley Davidsons, Kawasakis, and Hondas. I wonder how many Triumph sales come from people who look at metric cruisers because they can't afford a Harley, and discover the BA. It is not exactly a Harley clone. It costs more than a metric cruiser, but less than a Harley. There is probably some guy in Hinkley that thought about that for a long time.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2002, 12:12 PM   #92
sarnali
Founding Member

Yeah, I live by Enumclaw and I do the 410 to Morton loop quite a bit , I've seen a couple of 600's up there, we usually stop at Greenwater for a can of pop and a chat and check out the bikes , you should try it sometime, its a nice ride.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 01:46 PM   #93
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Firebolt

If you wipe out and die, no big deal: you were a big boy who made your decisions. But if you burn yourself on that air cooled engine, you might get pissed and walk out without a bike.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 07:13 AM   #94
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Firebolt

Who cares about a burn? Isn't riding uncomfortably one of the bragging points for stortbikers?
Old 07-14-2002, 12:36 PM   #95
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: Bonneville America Reader Feedback

I have been reading this ssame stupid story for WEEKS now.... Did you guys not get the raise or something?
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:09 PM   #96
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: An open apology to Cruiser types.

Longride, what do you think about the aprilia blue marlin?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 12:31 PM   #97
Twisted
Founding Member

Slowbear,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Been busy. Guess we got hung up on semantics. I agree with the term 'custom' referring to the Triumph Hurricane, just not with 'chopper' or 'cruiser'.

I also agree your comments about the causes for the death of the British motorcycle industry...plus the innovations and creative advertizing of the Japanese. The Japanese weren't building cruisers so they, most likley, caused much less damage to Harley than to the British MC industry.

You mentioned Norton. Many years ago I had a 750cc Norton Combat Commando with clip-ons, rear-sets, Dunstall pipes, and a few minor engine/suspension tweeks. That "Isolastic" was a GREAT bike in it's day!

My first bike was a Triumph...a 500cc Daytona. I've owned a few strange and a few great ones over the years...that Snortin' Norton, a Kawi 'rubber frame' H1 and an H2, a Yammie 4-stroke triple and a pumped XS11, a VMax, a Harley FXR, a few terrific VFR's, a Valkyrie, a CBRXX, rode a few GSXR's and others. Oh yeah, owned a few good dirt bikes too...a Hodaka, a little Penton, a Husqavarna, a big Maico and a Bultaco Pursang...a great bike!

Sorry, I'm remembering some good times and just rambling on. You probably figured it out...yeah I'm an oldie but I'm still a goodie!

Have a good day and ride safe.

Twisted
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 02:28 PM   #98
Poser
Founding Member

410 is a lot of fun. I intend to play hooky and get down to Randal to play on 25 sometime this summer. Windy Ridge is on the list, too. I tried out the TT's handling a little too much last April going over White Pass, but fortunately the bike's handling bailed out my stupid squidly butt! Maybe I will see you down around there one of these years.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 06:33 AM   #99
WoofBoy
Founding Member

Default Dyno chart

I'm impressed that the MO guys over-reved the engine 1000 rpm once it had fallen off the power band.

Or is that just seismic data from ~6600 RPM on up ?
WoofBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 04:44 AM   #100
rmenk
Founding Member

Just sprung for a Bonneville America. Bought it in Canada in part to have the speedo in kilometers and also because I couldn't find one around Michigan. It's primarily for my wife to drive since she is short of stature.

I've been looking for a cruiser and this bike is drop-dead gorgeous and different than the cookie-cutter models everyone else sells. Rented a Sporster a couple of weeks ago and was nothing short of appalled at it's terrible suspension, ergonomics, and build quality. Heat poured out from the bottom creating massive discomfort. A real POS.

Yes - the Bonnie does cost more than it's Japanese brethren, but finish up your ride and look back at the machine. That tells me all I need to know...
rmenk is offline   Reply With Quote