Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-14-2000, 10:32 PM   #1
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Ban Golfing!

If you think a vintage thumper with an open megaphone exhaust is loud, you should see some of those golf pants!

On the other hand, another race track is always a good thing, even if it is in southern California. God bless 'em, and good luck!

Isn't that pretty near where the old Riverside Speedway was?

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2000, 04:54 AM   #2
roadload
Founding Member

Default Re: New Racetrack Needs Your Help

Yes yes yes. though california has 5 or six road courses all but 1(willow springs) occur in northern or central california. Yes the new track wouldn't be all that far from the old riverside track. Elsinore would be very accessible for most southern californians. As far as the oval and dragstrip portion of the complex I do Not KNow.

As far as oppostion to the complex....if they are locating within a close poximity to residential i would understand (though I personally love the noise having grown up next to marine stadium in long beach nothing said good morning quite like the roar of drag boats.
roadload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 06:11 AM   #3
roadload
Founding Member

WHAT DO YA MEAN.....TRAILER PARKERS NEED LOVE TOO!
Old 11-15-2000, 09:10 AM   #4
FidHawser
Founding Member

Too sad we're still battling that "undesirable element" stigma. I guess the public still sees too many intimidating, tatooed cruiser dudes and too many urban-commando crotch-rocket squids. The rest of us suffer on the streets - why not on the track access roads (and no, not all cruiser & sportbike riders are jerks, but that's who Granny sees). Or are they talking about the car crowd? Anyway, I'd support a new track complex, until urban sprawl inevitably gobbles it up, too. Sign me up!
FidHawser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 09:40 AM   #5
coyn586
Founding Member

totally.... Instead of driving to Willow...we could race there...MUCH CLOSER.

I am already thinking of ways to get TrackDaZ put on there

coyn586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 11:39 AM   #6
2whlnut
Founding Member

Motorcycling on a track is way safer than on the street. And if you want to race,...... This can only be a good thing for motorcyclists in that it'll be another place to explore the limits and a good thing for Lake Elsinore (gotta feeling Ulrich is behind this but I digress) in that people will come to their town to spend money on gas, food, etc. Wish I owned a pizza joint there....
2whlnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 01:15 PM   #7
roadload
Founding Member

Don't bring in the RAIDERS THOUGH. Cause the next thing you know you will have harley types impregnating you dog and rootin around in your trash.

Al Davis is the DEvil!
Old 11-15-2000, 02:03 PM   #8
roadload
Founding Member

Whats with the golf....so like if all else fails they can fall back on golf. Why don't they pave over all the golf courses and make them into some sort of super motard course. Of course you would half to wear plaid leathers and shout our Four as you are about to pass other riders.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:31 AM   #9
Matt
Founding Member

California has lost many of its older tracks over the years due to the expansion of its cities (Baylands raceway and Riverisde) come to mind. I fear that Laguna Seca will eventually be overtaken by Monterey sprawl.

Its nice to see new tracks being built in California. Maybe they'll build one that will meet the approval of the FIM and GP motorcycle racing will return permanently to the US.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 11:07 PM   #10
lanesplitter
Founding Member

Great idea

In the early seventies I rode my dirt bikes nearly every day in the Half Moon Bay golf course while it was under construction.

It was an off road wonderland, huge piles of dirt,scary trenches to jump over and best of all were the unfilled lakes...like the wall of death Whoopie!!!
lanesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote