Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-04-2002, 05:50 AM   #61
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Really?

Oh, I see. Maybe that's why factory ready choppers are selling that bad (laugh). Tell that to Harley-Davidson and the Jesse James crowd.

Peace.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2002, 06:05 AM   #62
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Speed Four feedback

If it sells, then it's a great idea... hell, even if it doesn't sell too well it's still a good idea. It didn't cost them too much to add a different flavor to their lineup and possibly attract a market niche they were not attending too well (smaller riders/females).

Besides, a weird looking bike gets publicity and people visiting the showrooms, if not for anything else than to get a good look at a monstrosity (and I don't think the Sp4 is ugly).

I guess Triumph is hoping to compete better with R6-like crop of bikes (and sell better) with the new Daytona 600.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #63
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Who-Ligans?

I rode a Falco at a factory-sponsored demo day last weekend. Loved it! Just loved it!

The bike laughed at me for being tentative. Then it encouraged me to do better.

It really was as though the bike was talking to me... saying, "look, lean, roll - c'mon roll - atta boy!"
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 02:37 PM   #64
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Really?

The point is that true customs are one of a kind, whether jesse james builds them or a shop or individual builds them, how can a mass produced bike be custom, no matter how cool or neat it looks, its still a stock bike that anyone can buy right off the dealers floor. I doubt that any two hand built choppers or streetfighters are exactly the same, factory wide glides or night train or whatever are sharp looking bikes but they're still stock bikes, peace out.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 03:38 PM   #65
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Not to tout the "analog" mags, but

one of them had a piece on the Triumph "RS.S" due out in 2003 or 2004. Any takers on that one?
Old 07-05-2002, 03:53 AM   #66
pplassm
Founding Member

Ha! My first streetbike was a Honda MT250 enduro. A lot better than starting out on so0me hyperthyroid crotch rocket.

Old 07-05-2002, 04:39 AM   #67
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Default Re: Not to tout the

I have seen this story in a couple of places; magazines and internet boards.

The designer of the RS.S is the same as the 'Baby Speed'. The Italians do have an eye for style.

If you haven't seen any photos, check out www.triumphridersite.com

Topics

General Triumph Chat

Sprint RS S

I have always had a warm feeling about the Sprint RS and vowed that I would buy one when they first came out.

I made a deal on a 01 Yellow model a week ago, then opted against it. Why? I am looking for an Aprilia Falco and Yellow is so Nineties.

Back to the RS S, I love the fairing. I am a big fan of being able to see the engine. After all, the engine is the heart of the beast.

The single sided swing arm is a nice touch. However, in general the rear end of the bike is unattractive. I like the slimmed down body work, but it looks cut off at the back. The rear seat appears useless. One of the draws to the Sprint line is it's Two up capability.

Beautiful bike though.

DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 04:56 AM   #68
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Default Re: The 1/4 mile numbers from MO for year 2000 600ss

This type of argument borders upon "My Dad can beat up your Dad."

If you want to change your acceleration times, simply change your gearing. Acceleration times provide an indication of performance, but conditions impact the results much like dyno numbers. When these numbers are produced, they practically destroy the clutch.

You can juice up a H-D to pull good 1/4 mile times. Overall performance cannot be determined by a 1/4 mile time.

From your profile, I see that you are an engineer and therefore data and results are paramount.

The full performance capability of modern sportbikes can rarely be exploited on the street and require experience and skill to exploit them in a controlled environment (i.e the track).

Just ride!
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:15 AM   #69
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The 1/4 mile numbers from MO for year 2000 600ss

You didn't get it at all, did you?
Old 07-05-2002, 06:24 AM   #70
seruzawa
The Toad

Hear hear. Who wants a "factory custom" that is exactly like every other "factory custom"?

For my money streetfighting on something like an old shovelhead sportster with a 74in stroker kit would about be the ultimate. Nothing like blowing off the latest wonderbike while riding an antique with a steam engine.