Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Triumph Speed Four feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1289-triumph-speed-four-feedback.html)

SilverBullet 07-14-2002 07:44 AM

Boy, are you bitter!

:)

Lobotomy_Boy 07-15-2002 09:07 AM

Re: Boy, are you bitter!

I'll be ever so much more cheerful if you would send me a check for $5000. In return you will receive the title to a lovely Hinkley Triumph. Pay up or shut up.

Poser 07-15-2002 12:31 PM

Whaddaya stuck with?

They made some bad ones. I got lucky and got a good one. It will have no resale value when its time comes anyway.

Lobotomy_Boy 07-17-2002 06:40 AM

Re: Whaddaya stuck with?

If I could get my bike running decently, I would like it very much. It's comfortable, has good range, and handles well, now that I've got the suspension sorted out. I'm glad you got one of the good ones. I hear that the 2001 bikes were better than the 2000 models, but I've also heard that the closed loop fuel injection system on to '02 models is a nightmare without waking.

Poser 07-17-2002 01:24 PM

It sounds like you have a crappy dealer. Let Triumph know about that. My TT600 had a leaky IAC valve. After that was fixed, it was everything I expected it to be. It will have 40K or so on it in three years when the prepaid maintenance plan I bought runs out, so it will be worth squat, anyway. I am happy enough with it that I will probably keep it until my aging knees tell me it is time for an Electra Glide.

It sounds like you have had an endless and colossal pain in the butt from your bike. I hope it gets straighetened out, because they are a blast once they are sorted.

Lobotomy_Boy 07-18-2002 05:01 AM

Thanks, and I hope your bike continues to function well. Since this thread began, a faint metallic clanking from the transmission has grown increasingly louder. I'm really starting to worry about the transmission grenading and having a nasty high-side. Financially that would probably be the best thing, but I have no desire to find out if I'm as skilled at flopping through the air as Miguel. The warranty would cover it if it let go, but given the parts availability, that would probably leave me without a bike until next spring. If that were to happen, I might have to pull a Dennis "Mad Dog" Menasini: rip off Mike Vaughn's head and defecate down the hole. None of these are attractive alternatives. I know I don't have Miguel's luck, and Vaughn seems like a genuinely nice guy. It's probably time to cut my losses, bite the bullet, and trade for Japanese.

In the words of the immortal and immoral Mad Dog himself, "Where the goddamned hookers in this place?"

magnamania69 04-10-2004 03:20 PM

Re: Triumph Speed Four feedback

yep, for the price buy a naked bandit 1200 (6,999) put a holeshot exhaust, timing advancer and jet kit and you have a 120 rwhp 80 flbs streetfighter/naked/hooligan/ujm