Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Kushitani glove and jacket review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1288-kushitani-glove-jacket-review.html)

Pud 07-03-2002 01:25 PM

Re: Kushitani glove and jacket review

That is the one chosen by MCN in their latest rag. Because of that I'm going with the First Gear jacket. I tried on some Phoenix pants and they where surprisingly good also.

KPaulCook 07-03-2002 07:43 PM

Thanks much. Good advice. $15 for me is not a big deal. For me the Aerostitch seems like a very safe, clean, quick way to cover up my office clothes. I wish I would of know about them sooner. Maybe for wife will suprise for Chistmas thanks again.

Steven_Verschoor 07-04-2002 11:53 PM

abrasion resistance

Many people have asked about abrasion resistance of synthetics vs leather. There's a company in SoCal, Cycleport (formerly Motoport), which makes a kevlar suit. They claim...</p>[*]While riding with air circulating Cycleport guarantees that you'll be more comfortable in hot weather than if you wore a T-shirt and shorts, even at temperatures of 100F or more.[*]Cycleport's Kevlar suits are the only synthetic apparel approved by the F.I.M., the A.M.A., the W.E.R.A. and many other racing organizations.[*]A single layer of our Kevlar blend is equal to competition grade leather for abrasion and has 5.5 times the tear strength. Double layers far exceed leather in every way.

Have a look at kevlar jackets, pants, and suits at Cycleport's website.</p>

12er 07-05-2002 06:43 AM

Anytime, for my wife I bought the Darien jacket and pants (as she didnt like the looks of the roadcrafter). While the Darien isnt as tough as the Roadcrafter its still better than most of the jackets on the market. Just remember that it can take up to 12 weeks to get your gear. So take that into account if you plan on placing an order. Though sometimes you can luck out and they will have your size and color choice on the rack. I also purchased the Kanetsu heated jacket and in 12 degrees It kept me nice and toasty. All in all I havent delt with a better company. Products are top notch and the service is always a pleasure to deal with. Ive bought quite a bit from them and the catalog has me wanting more, very cool stuff...

JohnH_1 07-06-2002 09:56 AM

Big deal ... Has no one noticed that this is a copy of the excellent "Airflow" suit that BMW has been selling for years. Better yet, BMW do helmet, gloves, boots and trousers too.

The helmet is particularly wonderful, and it amazes me that BMW have promoted this stuff so thinly.

John H

kowalke67 02-22-2003 06:15 AM

Not much in this forum on the subject which was Ku****ani mesh jacket and gloves. I received Ku****ani Air GPS Gloves (K-5019) for Christmas 2002 so, because I live in Chicago, I have not used them outside of trying them on every couple weeks. The leather smell and feel is irresistable and it allows me to dream of spring and summer riding. Even though I haven't worn them riding (to damn cold in Chi-Town) I can contribute more to this forum on the subject because hardly no one is talking about Ku****ani gear.
</p>

For starters I am 5' 11" and have medium size hands. I have mediums and they feel snug to the point that I'm wondering if large would have been better. But, I am confident that once they have been broke in they will, well, fit like a glove. Since it is colder than a debutants Dad here in Chicago I haven't had a chance to test my theory yet but, motorcycle gloves are not like gloves to keep you warm, they need to be snug so you can feel the things you need to feel (i.e. blinker switch, horn, clutch, throttle, brake, girlfriend, etc.) I don't want an extra 1/8 inch of glove hanging over my finger causing me to muff up the hand controls.
</p>

These things reek of quality leather when you open the pack. Just awsome! The quality of the leather is obvious and the comfort is great. They feel as comfortable as my Couch dress gloves I wear in the winter for work and they look simply bad ass. Extra thick padding is in all the right places and should protect well in a mild to hard black top slide (of which I hope I can never confirm). Perforation is sparse and up and down the sides of the fingers and edge of the palm. They will not be the coolest summer glove so I would probably suggest them for people who live in places where there are actually seasons to get the most use out of them.
</p>

Pro's: Great fit, quality construction and material, bad ass look, soft and comfortable calf-leather (Veal for the hands?)
</p>

Con's: Probably not the coolest summer glove out there but you have to decide for yourself where the trade off between comfort and protection meet.
</p>