Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-28-2002, 08:56 AM   #81
ehalseth
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey KPaul, a few thoughts.

Honestly, if money were no object, I would love to have one of each style of bike.

A Warrior for cruising. An R1 for an open class sportbike. A RVF400 for a lightweight sportbike. A 919 for a naked bike. A KLX300 for an offroad bike. A KTM Adventure R for an adventure touring bike. A Goldwing for when I have to ride somewhere really, really, really far away, but want to listen to the stereo.

Why am I blathering on like this? Because I love all motorcycles. Even my POS Yamaha SR250 "Exciter". Bikes are cool. Your bike, my bike, all bikes. Even Harleys. I like those, too.
ehalseth is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #82
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

All this cause I (my opinion only) said Cruisers are like SUVs. Hmm. Hey if you want to have a love fest here i.e. every bike is geat, we are biker brothers etc. go ahead its your nickel. [b]But tell me with facts why Cruisers are not a ripoff? [b] I am excluding bikes like the VRod, Mean Streak, Valkerye and the Road Warrior of course. These bikes use great components brakes, etc. Explain to why you aren't a chump for buying one? Don't cry, rant, etc. I made a point and you guys don't have a good agrument for it. So you resort to name calling flaming etc.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 09:26 AM   #83
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: To KPaulCook

All this cause I (my opinion only) said Cruisers are like SUVs. Hmm. Hey if you want to have a love fest here i.e. every bike is geat, we are biker brothers etc. go ahead its your nickel. But tell me with facts why Cruisers are not a ripoff? I am excluding bikes like the VRod, Mean Streak, Valkerye and the Road Warrior of course. These bikes use great components brakes, etc. Explain to why you aren't a chump for buying one? Don't cry, rant, etc. I suspect I made a point and you guys don't have a good agrument for it. So you resort to name calling flaming etc. Because I call you all chumps just means I think you are getting ripped off. Tell me why you aren't. If that offends you sorry but I would call my brother a chump if he was doing something stupid.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:37 AM   #84
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

This guy has to be a comic book character. He couldn't buy a clue if it was on sale at WalMart.

Does anyone else get the feeling that if this guy wasn't standing up we couldn't hear his voice?
Old 06-28-2002, 09:47 AM   #85
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Why do you ride a motorcycle at all? There are no FACTS that says you should. In fact, I can give you at least 10 FACTS that say cars are safer, more stable, better crash protection, more comfortable, more convenient, more fuel efficient per seat, better weather protection, great stereo, air conditioning, heater--- need I go on? Now since we are fact finding here, give me a facts that say riding is better than my car, otherwise I say you are a chump for riding a motorcycle at all.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:49 AM   #86
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Hey KPaul, a few thoughts.

We are the World la la la (Stevie Wonder voice) Instead of Motorcycle Online Forum we should just call this BikeLove.com BikerBrothers.com la la la. Come on I made a statement and you call me a flame baiter. Tell me why somone who buys a Cruiser is not getting ripped off i.e. a chump. To me you guys are buying new 68 Impalas i.e. vintage bikes. Tell me why I am wrong. I didn't insult you I just don't understand why anyone buy something that is vintage and then get mad when I point that out. I agree some of the new cruisers are cool. V-Rod Mean Streak etc. Why are they cool because they have modern designs, use modern components. Go ahead flame away call me an idiot like longride does (that seems to be his only way to respond). I really don't care as long as you explain your behavior to me.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:50 AM   #87
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Again

Oh, and I gave you a chance to back out of your "chump" statement. Since you aren't taking me up on the opportunity, consider the gloves may be off in any future encounter with you. Best of luck.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:51 AM   #88
KPaulCook
Banned

You are missing the point. Motorcycles to me are a poor man's Porche, Ferriari, etc. That is way I ride. But I do ride a bike that stops well, accelerates well etc. I don't understand why you guys buy new 68 Impalas. OK. Use facts but stay on the subject pal.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:52 AM   #89
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

Once again you called me an idiot instead of logically presenting your case.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:57 AM   #90
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Again

There you go again (Reagan voice) Tell me in a calm logical way why I am wrong and you aren't gettng ripped off (i.e. being a chump). Once again you run from the point or you name call etc. Hey if taking the gloves off makes you more articulate than I am all for it. Right now you haven't presented your side of the agrument.