Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-27-2002, 10:45 AM   #41
KPaulCook
Banned

Default No HP is not #1 but price/performance and technology are

Hey us "kids" are much different than the Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood. We like to to spend are money on substance over show. Yes I have ridden cruisers but the poor price/performance ratio compared to sport and standard bikes makes me stay away from them. In GENERAL, cruisers have worse brakes, suspension and tires. In addition they are slower etc. So for $8000 I would buy a 600 sport bike or monster type naked bike. Cause the best way to not get hurt is to avoid being in an accident (like BMW commercial) and to me cruisers are sitting ducks. Besides Crusiers are boring.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2002, 10:48 AM   #42
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Good for you

I am glad you didn't fall into the Harley Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood trap. Its sounds like you used a price/performance ratio. Hmm here that Harley guys.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:18 AM   #43
bluyzfr6
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki Volusia 800 reader feedback

It is amazing how much you guys suck lately. I mean REALLY SUCK! Hey people...check out motorcycledaily for news about KTM coming out with a street bike. They also have new info for Kawi and Aprillia including pics of next years special Haga RSV with lots of trick bits and graphics. WHY do i pay for this and not for THAT?? MOST of us are not interested in the Volusia!! NOW i am not saying we are not interested in cruisers.(to shut up those who will say THIS GUY IS TOO ANGRY)I would love to see some cool articles and pics of some custom harleys like some of those Jesse James bikes. I am angry. I pay for this site because i thought it would be at least as good as it was the last couple of years. Hoping it might even be better! I was wrong, so so wrong. Sorry to be so harsh but im sick of getting better info from the free sites. FIX IT!
bluyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:30 AM   #44
DLFox
Founding Member

I shopped around for five months after deciding to replace my '86 Yamaha Radian -- which was never intended to be more than a short-term ride -- with a newer, bigger bike. Looked at the HD 883, Honda ACE 750, Kawi Vulcan 800, Yamaha V-Star and V-Star 1100 Classic, the Suzuki Marauder and the Intruder Volusia. Being frugal, not cheap, I wanted the best possible bike for my money. After test rides and repeated trips to the showrooms, I finally decided on the Volusia. Absolutely no regrets. Of the seven bikes I've owned through the years, this is unquestionably, undeniably, indisputably the best!

Can it do what a sport bike is designed to do? Of course not. We're talking apples and oranges, here. But if you're interested in a middle-weight cruiser, and a lot of us are, you can't go wrong with the Volusia.
DLFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:49 AM   #45
das
Founding Member

Default Re: Additional feature wanted in motorcycle reviews

Yeah, but if you've got enough income to be purchasing a new motorcycle, chances are that even a $2000 difference in maintenance costs over 5 years is insignificant compared to the difference in pleasure derived from riding the bike you really want versus a bike that's more cost effective.

Doubly so if you've got a mortgage and kids... the free time is so much rarer and thus more valuable... no point spending it riding a bike you don't love.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:59 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

I've been withholding comment about this, giving the new MO management a chance. But I've noticed that the number of bike reviews have plummeted last year and this year. The site seems to be becoming totally sportbike oriented and more and more a haven for HD haters. I signed up here because I like ALL types of bikes and want to read about as many of them as possible. However the current MO testing staff appear to all be sportbike oriented types who have little interest in testing anything they consider "inferior". Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

In the past when Harleyphiles like Bartels were running the show the sportbikes and dirt bikes got a fair shake. Now it's the sportbike partisans and they seem to automatically dislike everything else. Maybe that's only an apparency, but that how it appears.

Unless it changes then there won't be another 12 bucks for this site next year in my budget.

More tests and more dirt bike and cruiser tests or no more moola for MO.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:16 PM   #47
rpt
Registered Member

Default Re: Additional feature wanted in motorcycle reviews

Since this is a World Wide site, don't forget another twist. How about maintenance of US bike and JP bikes in Europe.

example VRod Price in Europe : 22500 USD

That would be nice too...
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 12:56 PM   #48
ARTBIZTOMMY
Founding Member

i've got to agree.....since MO went subscription, it's just been one dissapointment after another. I too hoped they'd get better and instead they just got worse.

sad, really.
ARTBIZTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #49
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Default Knock it off already..

" We like to to spend are money on substance over show"

KPaul, your message is always the same and I think you've even used the "Gray Ponytail" euphamism in your last 5 posts.

First of all, you don't speak for everybody. Second, all riders do not fit neatly into the two camps. I for one (and it looks like a couple others) DO like to hear cruiser reviews. I would pay a *little* more for form over function. I'm not an old fart either (36) and I do have 1 sportbike.

My main reason for giving you crap is this: If you're not interested, why read it and why bother clogging up the feedback to say it wasn't what you wanted to read. To illustrate how annoying this is, next time a sport bike review comes up I plan to ***** like crazy.. "Hey MO! I didn't pay my WHOPPIN $12 for a bunch of sport bike comparo's!!! We MO readers want to read exclusively about the Suzuki Savage at its ilk!!, what in the hell is wrong w/ Y'all" etc..

Last thing.. "and to me cruisers are sitting ducks" that's the craziest damned thing I ever heard.

have a good one.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 01:02 PM   #50
alanheng
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki Volusia 800

Thank you for posting that link!
alanheng is offline   Reply With Quote