Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-29-2002, 08:06 AM   #131
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I made my point and time to oust KPaulCook

The idea to ignore the Kook is sound. I've seen that applied on other boards. If everyone here agrees to refuse to respond to the Kook he'll probably go somewhere else to spread his mindless venom. The only reason he is here is to stir people up. I doubt that he is even old enough to have a driver's license yet.

Ignore the kid.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2002, 08:17 AM   #132
SlowBear
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaulCook

All,

Can I second Longride's suggestion that everyone stop responding to this jerk? It is pretty obvious he has nothing to say and is just seeking attention by misbehaving. My three year old niece uses the same technique. I have nothing against different opinions, that is what makes this site interesting. On the other hand, trolls who seem to be trying to fill a void in their life by baiting people into stupid threads detract from the site.

Hey MO staffers, can we have a poll to decide if KPaulCook should be banned? There are plenty of pro sport bike types providing the same POV without descending into stupid name calling. I'd say a >66% result should result in a ban.

If anyone cares, I do not now nor have I ever owned a Harley or any other cruiser. I make RUB jokes just like the next guy but I am not stupid enough to think more than half the people buying new bikes (i.e. the ones buying cruisers) are chumps.

SlowBear
SlowBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 10:42 AM   #133
alanheng
Founding Member

I will ignore KPaulCook, but I don't feel it's necessary to ban him. It's a free country, and people can say whatever they want - even if it does annoy people. The great thing about the internet is that if you don't want to read what someone says you just skip down to the next comment.

KPaul, I will respond to you when you do have something intelligent to say or ask, but so far you haven't shown the slightest interest in doing so.

But to answer your question of why people would buy "under performers" is because a lot of people don't buy motorcycles based on power and performance. Last summer I added a 1973 Honda CB 350. The thing doesn't have more than 25 bhp, the frame flexes and the suspension is wimpy. But I like riding it because it brings back a sense of nostalgia, it helps me learn how to ride better, and it's a laid back type of ride that I enjoy more when I'm commuting or riding around town.
alanheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 11:02 AM   #134
ARTBIZTOMMY
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki Volusia 800 reader feedback

I'm not complaining about the 12 bucks....but I do think the quality has slipped since MO went subscription...
ARTBIZTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 11:54 AM   #135
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: Alan and CB350G

That was a great bike. I had a green, 1974 CB350G. I wish I still did, for just ing around town on. I might be weird but I still love the sound of that parallel twin working it's heart out.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 03:04 PM   #136
KPaulCook
Banned

Default My opinion has caused so much emotional tribulation

You guys are incredible! You guys are like a teenage girl that just got her first zit. All this cause I (my opinion only) said Cruisers are like SUVs (overpriced and underperformning) . Hmm. Hey if you want to have a love fest here i.e. every bike is geat, we are biker brothers etc. go ahead its your nickel. But tell me with facts why Cruisers are not a ripoff? I am excluding bikes like the VRod, Mean Streak, Valkerye and the Road Warrior of course. These bikes use great components brakes, etc. Explain to me why you aren't a chump for buying one? Don't cry, rant, etc. I suspect I made a point and you guys don't have a good agrument for it. So you resort to name calling flaming etc. And you call me the flamer incredible. Because I call you all chumps just means I think you are getting ripped off by buying the motorcycle equivalent to a 68 Impala. Tell me why you aren't. If that offends you sorry but I would call my brother a chump if he was doing something stupid and this is a forum not a teenage idol fan club site. Is it like the old saying that its the truth that hurts? Now you respond with hysteria "No body resond to this flame baiting jerk" Geez guys you are like a bunch of teenage girls i.e. don't talk to her shes not like us, she wears different clothes. Sorry I hurt you guys so bad with my opinion . Fracking incredible girls
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 03:11 PM   #137
KPaulCook
Banned

Careful you are going into some legal territory here. There is a first amedment which I served my country honorably to protect. So go ahead and ban me from the girls club cause I only had an different view (see below). I used the word chump but you guys have called me every name in the book Cool off boys. It just motorcycles we are talking about Geez
Old 06-29-2002, 03:20 PM   #138
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Because I caused you guys so much pain I wll not post ...

I will not post my opinion on any cruiser article. I will restrict my posts to sport bike/standard stuff OK. The squids tend to be thicker skinned I think and can handle a different opinion better. I am sorry that my opinion caused so much grief. If my sport bike posts get the same reaction I will stop posting period. Remember it just motorcycles!
Old 06-29-2002, 05:29 PM   #139
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

Peace man but just to be fair go back through your posts and see how many different names you have called me and you call me the flamer. I suspect if Lord Burns had called you guys chumps you would say hey we don't agree with em but no big deal. It just motorcycles you know.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:27 PM   #140
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: I made my point and time to oust KPaulCook

The pot calling the kettle black. LOL Go read through his stuff. I am the one begging longride to be calm, intelligent and rational and give me a logical arguement instead he calls me every name in the book and then this. Who really is the flamer ???? and who is the flamee.