Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-28-2002, 01:28 PM   #111
nustar1
Registered Member

Default Re: Additional feature wanted in motorcycle reviews

TCO Corrola,

Well actually I have a 94 Geo Prism which is the Same car re-badged by Geo at a $1200 discount when new. But then again I got it used from my mother in law who crashed it. I had to do some work on it but it's a great reliable car.

I really enjoy my Geo/Corrola it makes me happy to not have to perform much maintenaince, and know that it is super reliable. Why wouldn't I want to have that same feeling with my motorcycle?

I really enjoy the articles that have a lot of technical info on the machine. I think that you can learn a lot from a well written article that gives info on maintenaince and repair. I wish that more magazines gave that info. Handling and perfomance is really only one part of the equasion for me.

Riding Stirs my Soul, and I even enjoy working on my machine to a certain degree .

But working more hours at my job to pay somebody to maintain my bike, or having to purchase more parts, doesn't.

I hope you can understand.

Take Care

Joe
nustar1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2002, 01:49 PM   #112
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Congratulations!

Paul,

Do you think the Mean Streak/Warrior, etc. happened in a vacuum? Don't you think that the desires of SOME customers to have a cruiser with tighter performance drove the development of these bikes? You just solved you own dilemma. The customer has not settled for old tech. They demanded new tech and got it. Now with that problem solved you have no more reason for being. Go away.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:52 PM   #113
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey KPaul, a few thoughts.

Paul,

I have not been shouting at you. I have been talking to you as an adult and motorcycle enthusiast. If you are going to ask questions I will answer them. Now that I did I would like you to respond to what I have written.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:11 PM   #114
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

LOL, I don't own a cruiser, Silly. I just accept that other people do... and that they are happy.

As for why people "settle" for old technology, I don't know. Maybe because they have no need for newer technology.

I once drove a 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super. Definitely old technology, but it felt like nothing else. I can't describe the visceral elation I felt revving that little thing through the canyon. It was a truly unique and truly great experience... and it all took place without the latest technology.

Perhaps people buy cruisers not for the technology, but for the physical sensation. Even if a laidback, torquey rumble doesn't appeal to you, won't you accept that it appeals to others? Just because you don't feel it, must you dismiss it as posing?

You've got to get over this image hangup. You're always (and I mean ALWAYS) harping about "biker image" and the "Gray Ponytail Brotherhood." Sure there are posers in the world. Some ride cruisers, some ride sport bikes... some wear designer clothes, some drink trendy ****tails, some listen to trendy music...

Let them be. That's what they care about, posing. Why get yourself all worked up?

More importantly: not everyone who disagrees with you is a poser. Try to see beyond your own perspective. It's called growing.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 02:19 PM   #115
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Excellent response. You got it in here before my longer and unnecessarily verbose one.

You have to admit it, Paul. The customer has rejected old technology. Now you'll have to sing a different tune. How about something less shrill this time, eh?
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 02:28 PM   #116
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Have a good one :)

Na Na guys nice try. I said Cruisers (except MeanStreak, ...) were like SUVs. Now you are telling me all along you really wanted new tech and aren't chumps for buying 68 Impalas. You guys are so funny. LOL OK you now admit I had a point but it had to be your idea. Hey that's cool. Have a good ride this weekend on that Impala ok.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 02:34 PM   #117
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Again

Chump you haven't made one intelligent come back yet. Some other guys have. Chump have a good weekend on your Impala OK
Old 06-28-2002, 02:37 PM   #118
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Paul, you really don't listen

No one ever said cruisers were not low tech, old tech, 1968 Impalas, or anything else. What I said is that some customers wanted more performance from cruisers and they got it. But there are plenty of people who don't care for higher performance. Why is that a bad thing to you? Why must everything be high tech for it to be good/valid/worth owning?

And by the way, if Chevy came out with a 1968 Impala or 1957 Bel Air today, I probably would buy one and so would a lot of other folks. There's more to life than cutting edge tech. You'd be a lot happier if you realized that. And by the way, your ZX-6R is not exactly cutting edge anymore.....maybe time for a new bike Paul?
Old 06-28-2002, 02:41 PM   #119
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

Maybe next time you will handle things better and we can have a real argument. Remember the question was why do you buy a new bike that has old technology i.e. 68 Impala? Why don't you demand more for your money? Flame away or put me away (right). Have a good ride on that Impala this weekend OK.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:57 PM   #120
KPaulCook
Banned

I just asked the question. I didn't get all worked up. It was actually suprising to see everyone else get worked up when I asked a question. I got the most emotional responses I have ever seen on this site. It is obvious there is not a logical reason for someone to buy a bike that is the equivalent of a 68 Impala. I asked folks to tell me why they weren't Chumps for overpaying for a bike. I got nothing but emotional responses, hit a nerve I suspect. One guy acknowledged my point by making it his idea. Thats cool ! [b]You Cruiser guys should demand more (better brakes, suspension, tires, performance) for money. [b]What is wrong with saying that? Call me names I really don't care cause I am not emotional about this you guys are. Have a good ride this weekend