Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-28-2002, 10:06 AM   #91
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: To KPaulCook

You are missing the point. Motorcycles to me are a poor man's Porche, Ferriari, etc.

What the hell is a Ferriari? I didn't miss the point. Logically you lose. Motorcycle are impractical. You are a chump.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2002, 10:17 AM   #92
DLFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki Volusia 800 reader feedback

Still breaking it in, but it moves along nicely at 70-75 -- and tha's only at about half-throttle.
DLFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 10:24 AM   #93
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Default Re: Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

Why exclude the VRod, Warrior, etc. They fail price/performance test too. do the math. hp/$ on the Volusia against any of the above. So that proves it.. the only bike worth having is the one you ride.

You know my Timex keeps time just like a Rolex. So are the Rolex buyers chumps?

Cruisers fill a niche and are great for what they are intended to do. Not race, but just to cruise. Go into town w/ your kid on back and get an ice cream, etc..

I'll tell you what makes a chump, Someone who really wanted a cruiser, but went out and bought a ZX-6 for the price/performance ratio, that person would be a chump.

Now this is the end for me.. If you still don't get it, I'm afraid I can't help you.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 10:24 AM   #94
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Tell me with facts why you aren't a Chump not emotional babble

I call you an idiot because that is what you want to be called. You asked for it. You got it.

Presenting a case to a moron like you is like discussing computer programming with a dog. No matter how long you talk, how much you explain, all he does is yap the same sound at the end, as you do. The dog will never get it and neither will you. At least the dog is smart enough to shut up after a while. You obviously aren't. I was going to write a long diatribe explaining how you are so wrong, but why? You won't get it anyway. You are somehow so consumed with "proof" and "facts" that you have to be a 15 year old, or have the mind of one. I have never discussed anything with anyone so dense in my life. Since I raised 2 children, I can recognize the fact that you can't explain a point rationally to someone with a teenage mental capacity. Worthless and useless. If you want be an irritating idiot with diarheaa of the mouth, be my guest. You don't even have a grasp of English basics. You are certainly incapable of understanding anything or anyone. You are all that and more. Be sure of one thing. I do not need to justify what I ride to you or anyone else. I don't have to "prove" anything to you. I gave you a chance to back off and you continued. If you see me on my cruiser, which is one of 4 bikes I currently own, be sure to stop to call me a chump. You would find out quickly how wrong you are.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #95
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Again

For a guy that can't spell "Porsche", "Ferrari", or "argument" correctly, articulate isn't even on the radar screen for you. There is no argument, only the fact that you are a poser and a liar. You don't ride and never did. Just a shyt starter with a pubescent mentality. Now run, don't walk to the nearest dictionary to see what I said, or show you mommy or daddy and see if they know. You really should be "all for" summer school.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:01 AM   #96
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey KPaul, a few thoughts.

Paul,

You are wrong because these people are buying the bikes that THEY WANT! Not everyone cares about the ultimate levels of performance. Some people like to have a more relaxed ride. Buying a motorcycle is NOT a completely logical process for most people. They buy the bike that makes them feel good...the one that they see through the showroom window that makes their heart beat faster. Wouldn't it be too bad if the bike-choosing process boiled down to logic? I think it's cool that there are so many different kinds of bikes out there to choose from. People are turned on by different things. Who are you to tell others that they make a stupid purchase if they buy a cruiser? If it makes their heart race, so be it!

What do you ride Paul? Did it catch your eye and make you swoon? I hope so because that's one of the coolest things in the world....buying a motorcycle that you love.

Sure there is a poser factor with cruisers, but no more than the average squid I see. Do you think they appreciate the performance afforded them by the latest technology. No, they buy R1s and GSXR1000s because they're big, bad, and wickedly fast. They think it will get them chicks. So the technology and performance is wasted on them.

I took issue with you NOT because of your views, no matter how twisted they might be. I took issue with you because you tend to dominate every discussion on MO.com. You throw out the same exact viewpoint in every discussion and frankly I am a bit tired of hearing the same thing from you over and over. It has nothing to do with biker brotherhoods. It has to do with the fact that you act like an A$$HOLE every time there is a discussion on this board. You're like a little kid who keeps shouting "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." Eventually you slap them to shut them up. You can disagree, respectfully, with people's views, but you need to find something new to say.

Is the Volusia's engine NOT modern? It is liquid cooled, with 4-valve heads. Sounds pretty modern to me.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:02 AM   #97
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Re: Additional feature wanted in motorcycle reviews

Excellent point well put. Only the Jay Lenos out there can truly afford to buy their 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice because they can buy all of the above and their 1st as well. Everybody else should get what they *want* even if it makes NO sense to a beancounter (speaking as a beancounter, you are probably making the wrong decision if it *does*!)
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 11:03 AM   #98
beryl
Founding Member

Default Re: To KPaulCook

The only reply that I have for you is that I'm happy with what I ride. I have a BMW R1200C Montana, and in _my_ world, it ain't about price / performance. It's about price / happiness. And I paid what I feel is a reasonable price for a whole lotta happiness.
beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 11:31 AM   #99
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Congratulations!

Congratulations, KPaul. You got it just right. Amen, Brother!</p>

You said, "Motorcycles to me are a poor man's Porche, Ferriari, etc."</p>

Read that again: "Motorcycles to me are a poor man's Porche, Ferriari, etc."</p>

Once more please: "Motorcycles to me are a poor man's Porche, Ferriari, etc."</p>

Did you get it? Motorcycles are a poor man's Ferrari, TO YOU. Not everyone has the same perspective. Get over it.</p>

I know, you've got this tenacious grip on your cost-technology analysis of cruisers. You're an accounting crusader, a technological bean-counting pitbull. But guess what: human experience cannot be reduced to a cost-technology equation.</p>

Haven't you heard of something being greater than the sum of its parts? A motorcycle is more than just wheels and pistons and valves, etc. When you put those things together (and you ride the assembled unit), it adds up to a much greater experience.</p>

Now the cruiser experience is different from the ZX-6R experience, but each is equally valuable to the respective buyer. Your valuation of motorcycles is diffent from others' (vive la différence). But you can't call people chumps just because their values differ from yours... Okay, you can, but it's rude.</p>

Finally, if as a shareholder you are dissapointed with the Harley's R&D, fine. If you don't like to ride most cruisers, fine... But quit being rude. If you call people chumps because their appreciation for the motorcycling experience differs from yours, good luck getting anyone to listen to you.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 12:15 PM   #100
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Hey KPaul, a few thoughts.

To call someone a chump and then say you didn't insult them is a little schizoid in my book. I called you an idiot, moron and a-hole so far but please don't take it personal. Also said you have less brains than a dog, but I really didn't insult you. I was just pointing out facts is all. All you need to do is prove to me you aren't any of those things. Explain why a lamer that can't spell or comprehend, has any right to ask someone else to explain THEIR behavior. Your price/performance ratio on this board is a zero so far, one thought in 5,000 posts. I could have a better conversation talking to a bowling ball. Remember if you must speak, stand up and face away from your listener, else your voice will be muffled.

Chump out.