Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-21-2002, 07:51 AM   #31
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

Dude,

Half of us out here are "sorta" in the bike biz. In what capacity are you "sorta?"

I have taken both of your screwdriver tests and I beg to differ. The FZ1 is pretty cool but I happen to like the 919 quite a lot too. Both build qualities are excellent and they offer different things to different folks. But the CBR vs the GSXR, now that's a hoot. Gixxers are very cool because they are ready to spank the world right out of the box but as the miles pile up Gixxers, in my experience, age more rapidly than CBRs. The last time I was into a CBR engine (after 35k miles) none of the valves even needed shimming. And it was making a ton more horsepower than new. Of course I'm at a little of a disadvantage in comparing that to a high mileage Gixxer because I can't find one.

I am well known in these parts for having never met a motorcycle I didn't like so please don't think that I'm putting down Suzuki's GSXR series. It's just that I think that their design goal is different than Honda's. Again, different strokes for different folks. When Suzuki wants to build a bulletproof platform (ala the SV650) they can do it too. But I believe that it's Honda's primary mission, with all of their bikes, always.

spb
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2002, 07:58 AM   #32
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent, Excellent

Anybody hear a swallow?
Old 06-21-2002, 08:02 AM   #33
runner00
Founding Member

I think the sport touring category needs to be subdivided into those for two up riding and those for one most of the time. I'll bet the honda out does the new FJR if two up is desired. The sport bike category is mostly bikes

you really would not want to do two up riding

on. I still think the concours is a great value and I hope Kawasaki does not drop it.

runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 08:34 AM   #34
Twisted
Founding Member

You tell 'em, Van. Straighten those DS's out. Honda Rules!!

JJ

Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 09:30 AM   #35
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: Engine heat

Thanks guys for including a comment on engine heat. Living in south Texas, engine heat in a faired motorcycle is a big deal. My Concours heated me up alot till I put air deflectors on it, but my zx11 doesn't bother me at all. Of course that might be because I usualy ride the zx11 a little faster....
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 10:09 AM   #36
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Alright, you guys. I know KPaul has annoyed a lot of people, but I've never seen him post a mean-spirited personal attack.

Sure, his disdain for the "Gray Pony Tailed Brotherhood" is plain, but even this is not vicious nor directed at anyone in particular.

I think some people, Sean in particular, have done a good job of countering KPaul's opinions, eg, fuel injection and open and closed systems. Sean's post was very instructional. I learned a lot, and even KPaul acknowledged he'd learned something.

Such an exchange of knowledge is the best use of this forum. Keep it up.

In summary, KPaul does seem to be trying to lighten up. Give him a chance. And I don't think he's resorted to personal attacks, so why should anyone else do so?

Peace out, Guys.

Steven
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 10:21 AM   #37
KPaulCook
Banned

Thanks. I honestly felt Burns did a great job of writing on this one unlike his earlier stuff. I am trying to clean up my act. But perhaps these guys have a Jerry Springer thing here i.e. you say to your friends you don't watch it but you really love it when some poor sap finds out his wife has been sleeping with his father/brother/sister/mother and he trys to punch out everyone on the show. Thanks again Steven.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 10:22 AM   #38
rubin
Registered Member

I, too, am a little underwhelmed. As a former ST1100 owner (twice) and current R1150RT owner, I don't get why Honda usually has the heaviest bikes in their class. The adjustable seat is a big step in the right direction, but the ABS blackmail on the electric windscreen is pretty slimy.

But not to worry, folks! A dealer friend tells me that Honda blew it big time and has arranged for delivery of only 500 of these bikes to the US this year, which is less than half of a bike per dealer.
rubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 10:29 AM   #39
rocket13
Founding Member

And a seat for every ass. Some better than others (the other way around, too
rocket13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 10:34 AM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL Hey I went and looked at your posts. This is by far your best: intelligent, thoughtful what can I say you must know something about blow jobs. On a different note I think you are all wet on the WSB and AMA 1000 cc thing. You give Eric Bostrom a factory Ducati or a Honda RC51 and he walks away with the AMA championship. It is both the shoes and rider. Being a mechanic you should know that right?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote