Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-01-2002, 06:25 AM   #221
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Say JB

Are you kidding? ABS will NOT eliminate crashing.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2002, 01:41 PM   #222
tomekd
Founding Member

Default Re: Schumacher drives a CAR

Yea,I guess so,that`t why ANY fast rider/racer will go fast on a car right out of the box(including myself) .Fast car driver/racer going fast on bike? I don`t think so.

Going fast on bike is whole lot more difficult.

BTW compering ABS/TC from race car(Last time I checked ABS was not legal in F1) and street legal cage is like compering F22 to WW1 biplane.

Honda wants 1500 bucks for ABS .Here is better way to spend it: sing up with California Superbike/Star/etc school to get basics.400$ spent.For remaining money you`ll be able to attend 3-4 track days(fee,tires,etc).Your skills improve considerably.
tomekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 08:57 PM   #223
bwilken
Founding Member

Default Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback - What about GVWR?

I've gotten a big kick out of the whining about windscreens on both the Honda ST1300 and the new FJR. My big, and as yet unanswered, question about the ST is: "What is the !@#$%^&* GVWR??? I'm a larger than average guy, so I think the tall windshield is good (I'm 6'3); however, I need to know what this thing can CARRY! Most larger (Japanese) Sport/Sport Touring bikes can handle a bit above 400 lbs. passenger/cargo weight (FJR is around 425, if I recall). So, you add on a trunk to the ST, fill up all 3 bags, and have a 240 rider, that doesn't leave much more weight than my kids, much less the wife. Sure wish that would come out in print sometime. Anybody got any inside info?
bwilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 07:03 PM   #224
noble1
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

So whatever happened to the X-Wing?
noble1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:36 AM   #225
twister299
Founding Member

I got all excited reading the great articles about Sport/Touring bikes. I mean WOW, first the FJR then the ST1300. So what does any excited young boy do? I went dragging around to all the local dealers looking for something..(ST1100 maybe) to see what these things were all about. I think the Holy Grail has finally arrived for this frustrated "returner" ST's , FJR's in my dreams... Curses foiled again. Not a single bike to be found. Not even a Kawasaki Concourse. I rode a Ducati ST-4 but alas, that bike was never made for a slight pudgy 235 pounder. I don't understand if a bike is available in Europe (FJR), why oh why is it taking a year to get here? Anyway anyone want a real nice VT1100-2?
twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:29 AM   #226
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS is swell

The 600R is in my opinion the best 600 on the STREET. At the track they arent half bad either.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:19 AM   #227
LocutusDeBorg
Founding Member

Go into a corner a little hot? On a Harley? What are you kidding?
LocutusDeBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:32 AM   #228
LocutusDeBorg
Founding Member

You do a 1/4 mile long 90 mph rolling stoppie on an ST1300 and the attention you'll get is from physicists at Cal Tech trying to figure out where Newtonian physics went so horribly wrong.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:05 AM   #229
LocutusDeBorg
Founding Member

As opposed to the 8¢ that Ymaha has spent promoting the FJR in this country.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:51 AM   #230
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default GVWR redux ....

personally, i always ignore GVWR, and everyone i know ignores them too. i view them as numbers derived from shouting matches between marketers and attorneys that make the product both desirable to customers and impervious to legal actions. ("honest, your honor, i wouldn't have been run down by that semi had my GVWR been just a bit higher! for that reason, honda owes me $34 gazillion in compensation!")

if i were you i'd buy the bike that you want then adjust the suspension, either through adjustability or the aftermarket, so that it accommodates your needs. that's what everyone else is doing. GVWR be damned.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote