Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-25-2002, 06:57 AM   #171
blademan
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS is swell

Whatever man. I've got 18k on my 01' 929 in 16 months thank you very much. I rode it from Dallas to Tucson, AZ and Phoenix, AZ then back again in one stint. And that was on the stock seat. Some of you need hand warmers (the AZ trip was in the winter), adj screen, and all that other bull*****. Some of us just need to ride. Race replica my ass, the 929 is a 'streetbike' and built for the street, not the track. And not everyone pops wheelies and stoppies. Some of us just enjoy a well handling/powerful machine. So ***** you and that squid comment. Coffin? I sure wish you were in one, it would be more oxygen for the rest of us.

"I'll take poor assumptions for a thousand Alex!"

blademan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2002, 06:58 AM   #172
DucButt
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

Roger that, Seruzawa - but if you're suggesting that I laughed at H-D comments, I certainly don't remember doing that. Didn't get upset about your slam either - thought it was funny, in fact.

Cheers
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 07:41 AM   #173
Jay_Mack
Founding Member

---I seen the new Honda ST 1300 and VFR. They both look like tarted up same thing as before. More plastic. Wouldn't have one.

I like BMWs. BMW had electric windshield, ABS, stereo, heated grips, lots of power (plenty) and more 10 years ago in one of the great, underrated sport touring motorcycles of all time, the K1100LT. Man, those things cruise. A lot lighter than any ST 1100, too. (I guess they didn't call 'em "sport tourers" then).

---The best one was the one the K1100 replaced, the K100RT/RS. REAL light weight and no ABS or electric windshield to fuss with, though the electric windshield is great. It just needed some aftermarket shocks.

---Now, I'm riding a Hayabusa (got rid of the Blackbird) and I know what I'm talking about. They don't make good K bikes anymore.
Jay_Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 07:48 AM   #174
Steven_Verschoor
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle weekly.com?

Well, if you just can't stand to wait for the next comparo, why don't you pull a KPaul and start flaming away
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:26 AM   #175
bugbill
Founding Member

Is it true that the saddle bags are going to be an "extra", or will they be included at no charge?
bugbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 09:28 AM   #176
vcs700s
Founding Member

Saddlebags are included. There will be a top box available as well as other accessories including heated grips.
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 09:47 AM   #177
DialedIN
Founding Member

Well, its obvious I got something started, you keep responding!!!!
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #178
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Excellent, Excellent

I didn't know this but I guess there is a big difference between the factory prep of the superbikes versus the formula extremes. The formula Extremes is really a like a 1000 cc stock race i.e like superstock is for 750s and supersport is for 600s. I made the same mistake of comparing formula extreme with superbike until someone pointed out that they really don't compare. Someone pointed out that the Superbikes get all the trick factory parts and prep.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:52 AM   #179
Steven_Verschoor
Founding Member

LOL, you must be a computer geek stuck at his desk like I am.

Hey, I'm as anxious to read the next comparo as you are.

In the mean time, it's a beautiful day here in So Cal, and the sun doesn't set till 20:30. Think I'll go for a ride after work. Hope you get to ride, too.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:44 PM   #180
jodiesel
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent, Excellent

Interesting....after hearing one of the Speedvision announcers say that the Gixxer was putting out over 180 HP, I just assumed that the Formula bikes were as pumped up as the Superbikes. I remember an interview with one of the Suz Factory Formula engine tuners where he was talking about how much hp they were boosting the bikes to and that it was different for each rider. I forget the numbers though.

jodiesel@earthlink.net
jodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote