Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-24-2002, 08:24 PM   #161
DucButt
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS is swell

Gee, I feel bad for being tough on ya - sorry... your response is well deserving of respect, so I now bow at your feet. I'm impressed, sarnali.

Cheers

DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2002, 08:47 PM   #162
DucButt
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

No worries, KPaul. So much of what you say is a valid point (alot of what people react to is the way you say it, not what you say), and I agree with you that as a proud american, I'd like to see H-D wave the flag with a bit more technical ingenuity. The V-Rod is a step in the right direction, as is the FireBolt. Let's just hope they carry forward with their momentum.

Cheers
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:11 AM   #163
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle weekly.com?

Has anyone else noticed its been 5 days since we have heard from the MO boys. They haven't even responded to any of our feed back comments. Are we losing our touch at firing them up enough to at least read what we are saying in the feed back area? Come on MO reader, lets see if we can come up with some good flames, smoke them out....They can't be so busy that they don't even read thier own site.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:14 AM   #164
vcs700s
Founding Member

I get very tired of hearing all the crying and criticism of Honda. Some of you are hung up on horsepower, much of which you will never use, and weight, which many times you can't really feel if distributed correctly. The Gold Wing is a classic example of this- if you have ridden one. The Interceptor is too heavy you say and the ST1300 isn't as fast as the Yamaha.

I am not sure what magazines you read but Cycle World just voted the Interceptor the best street bike of the year. The 954 has been called the best balanced sport bike by more than one publication. Neither is a disappointment. Also, I get tired of hearing people complain about the Interceptor's weight gain but don't hear many praising Honda for making the ST1300 lighter than the ST1100. There is a reason that Honda sells about 50% of the motorcycles in the world. It is because they build the best motorcycles in the world!
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:36 AM   #165
seruzawa
The Toad

If it's non-sequitur, why did you bring it up in the first place? Just can't keep back to urge to degrade others can you?

Poser.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:40 AM   #166
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 1150 RT RULES ! and way the Uncle Sam told Harley how to build engines during WWI

And a dealer can always be trusted to tell the whole truth about the problems their bikes encounter!
Old 06-25-2002, 03:52 AM   #167
seruzawa
The Toad

I only post these generalities as a satire of the previous generalities. In the several years I've been hitting on this site I've noticed that these HD based exchanges almost always (at least 95%) are started by some clowns gratuitous slam against the HD guys. No reason to sit around for that.

Pretty thin skinned isn't it to laugh at comments that all HD rifders are posers and then get upset when someone makes some gratuitous slam at sportbike guys, isn't it.

I'm going to go riding now. My Suzuki 1100 is calling......
Old 06-25-2002, 05:26 AM   #168
yjlee
Registered Member

I find people's judgment rather funny. Brand 'X' sucks while Brand 'Y' is great. It's either great or it sucks, nothing in between.

I for one think Honda builds great bikes, but I AM puzzled by the weight of some of their offerings. The VFR is the most glaring example. 550 lbs wet is what my R1150R weighs. With chain drive, normal suspension, and a reasonably short wheelbase, where is all the weight coming from? The ST1300 too seems a tad heavy. I suspect Honda was caught off guard by Yamaha and may improve the power/weight ratio in the coming years for this machine. Other than the weight factor, Honda continues to build solid, high quality machines.

yjlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:23 AM   #169
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Actually if you look here, you'll see that Minime has said they are working on a ZZ-R1200 comparo!</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:57 AM   #170
DialedIN
Founding Member

That was last thrusdays posting.... 5 days ago.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote