Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-24-2002, 09:12 AM   #131
Lee_2
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

Ride them both first. Then decide.
Lee_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2002, 09:52 AM   #132
Pud
Founding Member

Default Re: Say JB

You got that right. The majority of ST1300 buyers will get the ABS IMHO. I have owned a 94 ST1100 ABS for four years and would never buy another bike without it. Anyone catch the editorial in MCN? Dave crashed the FJR in the mountains because the rear brakes are too sensitive. This could not have happened with ABS. The FJR isn't in my future unless they put ABS on it.
Pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:53 AM   #133
dominatr37
Founding Member

I dunno. It looks like four times this year, Honda's missed the mark. All of thier new bikes are questionable. The VFR being the biggest disappointment of the lot. The 954 following closely then this bike and that flat black thing, the 919. Maybe they should spend less time trying to appease the environmental gods and more on designing motorcycles that people would like. I'll take an FJR, thank you...
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:04 AM   #134
TheFox
Founding Member

I'm starting to think they have an image problem. The first thing that I think of when people say "Honda" is complicated technology...at least when it comes to motorcycles. And that, for a younger rider with a limited budget, is a negative.

Speaking of younger riders with limited budgets, whatever happened to "StarvingStudent"? He usually brought some interesting comments to the table, and i kind of miss him. I know he was broke, but anyone can scrape up 12 bucks.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #135
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Yamaha Venture Royale

That bike is similar to my Cavalcade - 84,000 & still going strong! The only problem is, the plastic like to crack & break, and it's pricey as all he|| getting it replaced...

B
Old 06-24-2002, 11:57 AM   #136
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: Windshield *****ing

There's something wrong with my windscreen? Why didn't my GS tell me? I think we should be told......
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:05 PM   #137
Grappelli
Registered Member

However, I do suspect that when that Yams have 80,000 miles on them they will be pretty shagged, and the ST owners will be blithely telling us that they are just about run in.......
Old 06-24-2002, 12:15 PM   #138
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: Unsuitable touring mounts.

I went down to Greece from Edinburgh on a shagged out Yamaha 125 trail bike in 1982, with a passenger for most of the way. Had a great time, partially due to the french passanger with the inappropriate name of Virginie, but mostly 'cos it was my first time touring. I've since done an almost identical trip on a Triumph Tiger, but without the French accompanyment, and I tell you, I enjoyed the trip on the 125 much much more.....

I've also rented many many bikes across the world, almost all small engined trailies, and had an amazingly good time on them. btw.. I'm 6.4 and I ain't that small.

It ain't about engine capacity, it's about your capacity to enjoy what you're on.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:15 PM   #139
rpt
Registered Member

Yeah, really massive !

Two friends of mine got those problems. One rides a 1990 model with 100K miles and the other rides a 92 model with 80K miles....

ps. they run like new....
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:17 PM   #140
Grappelli
Registered Member

The question is, what kind of detectors work well on bikes.....?