Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-24-2002, 04:29 AM   #121
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

Well, what do you call someone who buys a racer replica, puts on leathers and then doesn't get a numberplate and race? A poser.

Most HD guys I know ride a lot and are exactly what they appear to be; people cruisin and havin a good time. 99% of the people on sportbikes do not race and therefore are true posers.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2002, 04:37 AM   #122
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

spb - I represent multi-line dealerships across the country, that's all I'll say. I've owned a Bandit, a 919 and an FZ-1, I think there's no comparison on any level, sorry. About the sportbikes, maybe the Honda will last longer, but is it a better bike than the GSXR? Preference is preference... everybody's got one... best wishes.

----------------

Van - the answers you'll get are as varied as what people have worked on. Yes, there are bullcrap design probs with every name, including Honda.

BTW - I love Hondas... I personally own 3 two wheeled Honda's, one street, two dirt, and one Honda ATV... ASAMOF, I own more Hondas than any other brand... but every one I have has strengths and weaknesses.

Compared with other brands I've owned or tried... stock carb settings and jetting, almost always suck, bad. Geometry and suspension, average. Reliability, great. Performance, IMHO mediocre. Parts availability or delivery, fine but average.

One multi-line dealer I'm closer to than my Dad has Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati, Husky and he has so many headaches dealing with Honda regional people, it really tarnishes his opinion of the brand, you wouldn't want to ask him.

And one last thing, sometimes, my opinion of a bike isn't exclusively connected to it's being, "durable and most trouble free."

Take care and I wish you good business.
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:49 AM   #123
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

It is fine, as long as you don't mind having to shell out for the ABS just to get an electric windshield. LOL

Old 06-24-2002, 05:07 AM   #124
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Wrong, maybe, but I just talked to 2 major metropolitan Honda dealers, both said they are only taking one each.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:31 AM   #125
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Oh yeah,the Honda V-4 is really great. That's why they had MASSIVE reliability problems when they first hit the market.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:42 AM   #126
Van
Founding Member

Seruzawa, while that's true it's a non sequitur here since we're talking about a Harley Honk vs an ST1300 rider.

ST1300 riders aren't, in the main, posers. They actually ride, as opposed to all too many Harley types who purchase, alter, polish, stare at and talk about their bikes, and two years later their "trusty steed" has maybe all of 7000 coffee shop to coffee shop miles...
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:43 AM   #127
SlowBear
Founding Member

Four valve heads and DOHC go back to the teens.

I own a 16 valve DOHC, water cooled four and a OHV, air cooled twin and I can't figure out what this has to do with enjoying the bike. I like an engine or I don't, how it feels, how it sounds, how it makes power, how much power it makes and how it is to live with (reliability and maintenance) are my criteria, not how the parts are arranged.

After reading the above posts I have to wonder if the majority of people on the site could use some therapy. Having opinions and debating is fine but some of these people seem to be talking more of their religion, not a product. I don't much like Harleys so I don't own one, I've been burned by Yamaha so I don't own one, wasn't that easy?

Most of you need to ride more,

SlowBear
SlowBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:45 AM   #128
runner00
Founding Member

I think 300 miles a day on back road highways is fun , 500 miles is not fun. I guess some people like interstates but I just don't get it.

To each his own, but I don't think putting on a lot of miles is were the fun is. A bike that makes 500 miles doable is not going to be a fun bike. I rather feel aches at 300 than little or nothing at 500. Anything over 300 miles a day is work. It's not the pony express. We are not delivering the mail.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:47 AM   #129
Van
Founding Member

"Only taking" isn't the same as "only available".

Lots of dealers simply don't do much trade in high tech sport tourers, so they neither request nor receive significant allocations of high tech sport tourers...

Those that do, do.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:09 AM   #130
jmeyn
Founding Member

...and that's all I have to say about that.

Forrest Gump
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote