Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #111
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS is swell

I agree, in the real world ABS is great. I have a 99 R1100R w/ABS and love it. People who think ABS compromises their "control" of the motorcycle on the street probably think that helmets compromise their vision and hearing.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2002, 04:00 PM   #112
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Yes you will need a better bike if you get out of the Flat lands

Yes you don't want to be an idiot when you get west of Denver where there are 52 peaks above 14000 ft. flat lander. You make sure you have a bike with some power OK. It ain't Lake Placid out here
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 04:55 PM   #113
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

Well, I dunno, KPaul. I bought my HD because I liked the way it rode. It's not always about performance. I'm actually kind of embarrassed by the whole HD lifestyle thing. I've never been to a HOG meeting, Sturgis, etc., and have no plans to go. I do have some grey hair (on the parts of my head that still have hair. I'm 44), but no pony tail. But perhaps I'm atypical of HD buyers.

Believe it or not, KPaul, sometimes our opinions change as we grow older. I suspect some of yours will, too. I never, never considered a Harley, until my brother-in-law got one and kept bugging me about it. So I rented one, and found that it was a whole different kind of motorcycling than anything I'd previously experienced. It wasn't thrilling, but it was relaxing and pleasant and way less frustrating when there's traffic in the twisties. And for when there isn't traffic in the twisties, I've still got my Duc!
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 05:18 PM   #114
fdavis
Founding Member

Default Re: ABS is swell-really?

thank you. saved me some typing.
fdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 05:26 PM   #115
12er
Founding Member

Now why didnt you (or anyone on this page)consider the K1200RS? Just curious as it seems the logical competition here and not the RT. To me the RT is strictly tour and no sport. Yes it handles better than most bikes on the road but the k12rs will run circles around it. But I am biased, being a K12RS owner. I was looking at the ST and RT but my knees went into the fairing on both. The KRS on the otherhand fit like a glove, was the smoothest bike I have ever riden and goes like a bat out of hell. Hence why I dont understand everyone comparing the ST and FJR to the RT... Please splain it to me. Is it price? Well with the K going a little over a grand more than the RT.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 06:04 PM   #116
jodiesel
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent, Excellent

Personally, I think both MotoGP and the WSB suck. I find them boring to watch. During race 2 today, one of the announcers said something about all the other riders that had the identical team Duc bike as Bayliss, yet they can't even keep up with him.

Do you really think a 1000 would change much? Looking at Formula Extreme at Road America, the best Suz 1000 would only qualify 10th in superbike.

jodiesel@earthlink.net
jodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:58 PM   #117
zootsuit
Founding Member

"But I think that most experienced sport tourers in the market for these type of bikes will go straight for the Honda. And I think that very few ST1100 riders will consider anything other than an upgrade to the 1300."

Unless they want good value for the money, in which case they'll by a Connie. Been runnin' like a train since 1986. Outdated? Yeah. So what? That just means normal human beans can work on it.
zootsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:05 AM   #118
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I have a Harley, fit in my shoes just fine, and what would I have to whine about after a 500 mile day? Since I have done many, and plan many more, tell me what my complaints are in your infinite wisdom. Whining about whiners and then making stupid generalizations is why you posted?
Old 06-24-2002, 05:10 AM   #119
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually HD brakes work fine, unless you are quite limp-wristed.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:22 AM   #120
seruzawa
The Toad

Haven't you figured by now that MO is the home of HD experts who have never ridden, much less owned one? This is the place where HD's powerplants (originally designed in the '20s) are called obsolete by the proponents of 4-valve heads and DOHC (originally designed in the '30s). "Modern technology" indeed.

Just smile and ride. Let the squids do their big 100 mile days on Sundays (followed by a couple of days in traction).