Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1280-honda-st1300-reader-feedback.html)

KPaulCook 06-22-2002 11:36 PM

Re: Excellent, Excellent

Thanks for making my point i.e. put a great rider on a great bike and its unbeatable

Honda MotoGP - Rossi

WSB Ducati- Bayliss.

Put Eric Bostrom on a competive bike like a Factory preped WSB Ducati or RC51 I contend he wins the AMA. He is doing amazing things on a bike that is old and down in performance.

My point is the combination of bike and rider. Not just rider Not just bike.

wwjdwithca 06-23-2002 02:22 AM

Re: Honda ST1300 Reader Feedback

I think perfection is much too strong a word to use about a bike that can't hold it's own in the canyons. If your out "toodlin" around, and your never concerned much about the world around you then I can understand. Perfect for you maybe.

Where I ride handling is a premium, and the Honda ST's of the world get embarrased. So, unless you consider gettting embarrased perfect.....

wwjdwithca 06-23-2002 02:31 AM

My understanding is that the ZZR12 has aftermarket hard bags available. Not sure who makes them though. One's things for sure, the ZZ is a MUCH better bike if you can find hard bags, but if you can't get hard bags, it's not really a Sport/Tourer. Just a really nice sport bike made real-world driveable. Still not bad!

jodiesel 06-23-2002 05:43 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Eric on the American Team Honda with Duhamel, and didn't he have the best that Honda had to offer and how many times did he finish on top?

tomekd 06-23-2002 12:03 PM

Re: ABS is swell-really?

I agree that every Bmw should come with Abs because NO-DIVE front suspention reduces weight transfer and consequently grip during braking .One piece of overengineering requires another one .Typical BMW.

Those bikes are design by car people-no good.

I recently fixed K 1200 RS for my cousin(leftside impact,bent valves)-1.5 mil thick head gasket-where is the squish?

Overpriced,overengineered,underperforming bikes.

BTW I ride too,my 99 XX has 45000 miles,99 R1 just past 17K mile mark.I hate link brakes on Honda,R1 has EBC HH pads and steel lines and nothing beats this setup in power,feel progresiveness.Simple and efficient,the way it should be.

TheFox 06-23-2002 03:22 PM

Italy

Heheh, personally I want to go to Capri...that lemon liquer they make is suppossed to be wicked. Palermo is the example Hugo gave...most of my post there was plagarized, but I don't think he'd mind. =)

I trust the wisdom of the Navy guys when it comes to Italy though...every sailor I've met who ended up in Naples has a story or two they have told me.

--The Fox

TheFox 06-23-2002 03:24 PM

ZZR1200 luggage

In Europe they are purchaced from Kawasaki, but they look like Givi bags to me. They're color matched too.

--Foxy

TheFox 06-23-2002 03:31 PM

Re: ABS is swell-really?

Uhh, no. You ever see an F1 car dive under braking? You think the weight doesn't transer just because there is no physical appearance of it?

By this same argument if I wind up my compression damping on my forks my bike won't brake as well because there will be less weight transfer...and that's not true. The transfer still occurs, it is just that the spring is not compressing as much.

--Foxy

KPaulCook 06-23-2002 03:31 PM

uh he was young and learning. Now he needs a machine. The inlines are at a distinct disadvantage time to make things equal. I would love to see just a 1000 cc limit in superbike. No weight restricitons no plates etc. Of course than AMA would become more like motoGP than WSB.

GasBrnr 06-23-2002 03:41 PM

What an incredible amount of whinning and complaining. So many people trying to justify their point. It leads me to wonder just how many of you who are bashing everything else to support the new ST1300 will buy one? And how many that are bashing the ST1300 are going to actually buy an FJR? Whine Whine Whine... Go buy a Harley, then you can fit into the shoes your trying to wear and have something to truly complain about on a 500 mile day.

And since when does the R1150GS compare to the ST?