Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-19-2002, 08:49 PM   #21
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: For Daily Wear, Try Fastlanes

Thanks these look like something I am looking for. Right now I take off my Alpinestars GPs off when I get to work and wear some shoes stashed in my office. It would be nice has some boots that did the job but could be worn in an office setting.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2002, 08:37 AM   #22
ballan00
Founding Member

Default Re: Frye Boots product review

A new product review every week. Sounds great to me. I mean, I buy a new bike every 2-4 years, but I buy accessories and gear nearly every month. Of course, since you made this claim, don't be mad at the constant complaining you will get if you don't deliver frequent reviews.

I agree with this in that I don't like to wear full leathers unless I am going out to raise some heck. For casual commuting I wear (besides helmet) Dragn Jeans, Joe Rocket Meteor Jacket, and steel toes work boots ($60). I have crash tested this casual gear and came out virtually unscathed.

I would really like to see some comparisons on Cordura jackets vs. leather. I would also love to see a review of the joe rocket phoenix jacket or other mesh jacket to see if they are worth the money. I really want a mesh jacket because I live in a very warm climate (in summer), but they just don't look like they would offer much protection.

Finally, it would be nice of you to crash test some typical squid safety gear for us. You know, flip flops (w/ toes sliders), oaklies, tank top, and backward upside down visor hat.

- BA
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:58 AM   #23
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: Useless in a crash.

Ouch.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:32 PM   #24
KPaulCook
Banned

"Finally, it would be nice of you to crash test some typical squid safety gear for us. You know, flip flops (w/ toes sliders), oaklies, tank top, and backward upside down visor hat"

LOL

Today I saw a guy in nothin but shorts and Full Face Shoei and sneakers with holes in the toes. Incredible. As a squid I felt ashamed and felt guilty for getting after the Harley Boys and their little skull lids.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:28 PM   #25
Robbrue
Founding Member

Hi Steve,

I also wear a suit and tie (mostly just slacks and tie). Could you guide me in the right direction for a pair of boots that won't look out of place in slacks? I can't find "Bates Fastlanes boots " on the internet. Can you tell me where I could see/buy them?

BMW makes the Ranger Boot. It looks like it would go with a suit, but they don't make it in my size, 11.
Robbrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 05:04 AM   #26
dcopp
Founding Member

Default Re: The History Major nerd responds

I heard many "old timers" use that expression back home in Tennessee (one of them being my greatgrandmother). They also claimed that Grant stole Lee's sword, and Lee was too much of a gentleman to ask for it back, and that was the Real Reason the war ended. And that whole first shot thing was an accident, it was really just a salute that the Yankees mistook as agression...

At least that was the way the old timers said it. I can't say, but history is written by the winners... If Lee just hadn't lost his sword that way...
dcopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 02:54 AM   #27
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

http://www.batesleathers.com/boots.htm

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:35 AM   #28
zaldente
Founding Member

I have been wearing Frye boots for the last 5 years. I use them when riding my BMW R1150GS, my Harley and any other motorcycle. I bought the 8 inchers in a store in theSanta Monica promenade for $75 dollars. I have two pair one brown and one black. I have had to replace the soles on the brown pair twice. I wear them all the time. They are comfortable and look good. I bought a black pair at the same store during a sale. I was trying the boots on and it turned out I had a womans pair that were more comfortable, looked the same and cost $10 dollars less. $65 on sale. Shop around. You can get them much cheaper that Harley boots.

These boots were originally designed for civil engineers working in the field so they could walk through brush, mud and crap and keep there feet and ankles protected. The straps and buckles helped to keep the boots secure when slopping through mud and muck.
zaldente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:26 PM   #29
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Call me silly

I prefer to look silly with my Alpinestars boots and simultaneously retain the ability to walk around without a limp after a crash, thank you very much. As if these boots wouldn't make you look silly when riding a supersport? Could you even work the gearshift with these sasquatch things on? I wouldn't know what to make of someone wearing these Schwarzenegger boots while riding an R1, but I'll tell ya what, I wouldn't trust 'em. Clearly out of his/her? mind.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:27 PM   #30
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You're not silly your right.

Abe what is going on I agree with you again. Even though it is pain to take my Alpinestars off at the office everyday, youre right! Better to look different than not have use of a leg. The control thing is a big thing too, I can't find in any these type of boots (like the fyre things). You've convinced me to spend the 5 minutes taking the Alpinestars off and putting street shoes on. Thanks.

P.S. Hey I got a new mouse everthing is cool now.