Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-18-2002, 07:56 AM   #11
Huss
Founding Member

Default Useless in a crash.

Looks like these boots could easily come flying off in a crash as there doesn't seem to be any type of retention system. I think I'd prefer to look silly in red plastic slider boots (most companies also make their coloured versions in plain black) then have red bloody feet...
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2002, 09:58 AM   #12
KPaulCook
Banned

Default In search of a better boot for Lord Burns

Check these out (as seen in AMA Motorcyclist)

Chippewa 12” BLACK RALLY #27862

http://www.bootbay.com/ Click on Chippewa

I would like some to check em out before I beg the wife for an advance on my allowance.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:18 PM   #13
erik_squires
Founding Member

Default Re: Useless in a crash.

You mean you weren't taught how to grip with your toes in the MSF class?

Erik
erik_squires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:34 PM   #14
panthercity
Founding Member

Default Re: Sidi Boots

It's a bit late, but I've got a comment about Sidi boots. Back in the `80's, I got a pair of their "Agostini" replica boots. Two decades and some 150,000+ miles later, I just retired them and bought a pair of Sidi Sympatex GT boots. Even in the neighborhood of $300.00 USD, if they last as long as the last pair, they are a bargain! (And comfortable to boot!)
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:05 PM   #15
wwalkersd
Founding Member

How often does this really happen? I have no hard data, I'll admit, but it seems rather unlikely to me. I've got the buckleless Cruiserboots, which seem to work fine for me on both my ST4 and my Road King. But (knock on wood here) I've never crashed in 'em.

At any rate, any protective gear you actually wear is better than the absolute best stuff stuck in your closet.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:36 PM   #16
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Since the Alien abduction ...... Zapata and speedsport are the first to ...

Outstanding. MO becomes HO. I can leave work laughing now.

Thanks.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 04:46 PM   #17
Huss
Founding Member

I was wearing a similar pair of boots to these when i was hit by a woman running a red light last November. They came off.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 03:26 AM   #18
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: Sidi Boots

I bought my first pair of Sidi boots after drooling over them so long that bellevue ducati had to shampoo their floor. Anyway, They were comfortable from day one, walking or riding, and they're the armored Sidi Race boots with the Vertebrae system on the ankle. Great boots, my only complaint is that the vertebrae are pinching the boot material, and I am afraid they will cut through it soon. Anyone else had this problem with their Sidi?

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 12:55 PM   #19
buella_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Frye Boots product review

I bought some h-d boots that are nice and light. They are like the H-D boots tested here (lace up with zipper on inside) but they're lighter and only cost $89. model #91164
buella_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 02:45 PM   #20
Steve781
Founding Member

Default For Daily Wear, Try Fastlanes

I've been wearing a pair of Bates Fastlanes boots for a couple of years now. They are very comfortable, relatively protective with a double layer of soft, thick leather and some padding. Importantly for me, they look very conservative when kept polished. I wear them with a suit and tie and nobody notices. A harness boot such as reviewed here would be a bit much to wear around the office.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote